http://us.mobile.reuters.com/article/technologyNews/idUSTRE72E3FZ20110316?irpc=932

Interesting article about RIM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Technerd.McLeod likes this.
    03-18-11 09:17 AM
    Skimming through it, I found this quote:
    "RIM didn't expect iPhone to take off the way it did because it was so badly flawed from day one," the former RIM employee said. "They believed that users wanted great battery life, great security, great mail handling, minimal network use, and a great keyboard experience. They never expected users didn't care."
    03-18-11 11:19 AM
    Skimming through it, I found this quote:
    Says a lot about why RIM so where they're at behind Apple and now Android. A lot of catching up to do.

03-18-11 11:38 AM
    Says a lot about why RIM so where they're at behind Apple and now Android. A lot of catching up to do.

No argument there. But what I think puts RIM in a better position than, say, Palm was before they went in the toilet is that RIM has a more solid and entrenched enterprise customer base. That's not to say that RIM won't lose some enterprise customers between now and then, but that should anchor their base better than Palm was able to do. I really think that churn is slow enough that RIM will still be in decent shape when the next round of devices drops.

03-18-11 01:09 PM
    Palm also never materialized any of their OS revamps... They more or less started releasing more WM devices than their own OS and WM was also on a downward spiral, so...

They did a ton of things wrong that RIM has not (the direct comparison is complete absurdity, but people love making dramatic statements for effect so...).
    03-18-11 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD