View Poll Results: How do you feel about Rim?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rim is ok in my book I am staying put!

49 72.06%
  • Rim is failing I am leaving or already left

19 27.94%
09-12-10 12:02 PM
63 123
tools
    I left bb for the Droid X
    So, nothing better to do?

I have a better reality check for you --> everyday we all vote with our dollars. Contrary to all this useless speculation, MOST consumers are interested in the device not the company. (I say most because some Apple buyers are strange).

I'd bet my next paycheck that last year you would not have said that you would be buying a Motorola phone.
    09-11-10 06:10 PM
    You need another option: RIM is doing ok as of now, but if they don't pick it up I'll be switching in a year or two.
    09-11-10 06:37 PM
    I love my Blackberries.....I'm a serial Blackberry buyer.

I hated the browser and kept waiting for them to fix it. They did, and I'm extremely happy with my Torch. When the 9780 comes out I'll buy it, just because I can. If the clamshell ever came to AT&T I would get that too.

I'm keeping my eyes open for the Dell devices that are coming out at the end of the year, but unless they do everything I ever need done, like fold my laundry, I will keep *all* my berries AND get one of those Dells, the Windows one.
    09-11-10 06:55 PM
    If you seriously are comparing 8703e to the new bolds you know nothing about the new BB. But you must miss BB or why would you hang around a BB website? Makes no sense. I wouldn't use a droid if someone gave it too me. I don't care for em......
    Agreed. If you gave me an iPhone 4 I'd sell it. If you handed me an Android device I'd sell it.
    09-11-10 06:59 PM
    Well I think RIM needs to shift the focus a little bit, I mean I love my BB but the OS feels a little old, right now the only thing that's keeping me lock into Blackberries is BBM, is such an useful way of communicating. But I'm thinking of switching to an iPhone next year, basically because I have a Mac and there are a lot of iPhone counterparts for the apps that I use.

OS 6 looks like the step in the right direction but is nothing mind blowing or exciting enough for me too stay on BB. If any carrier in my country gets the Torch I'm gonna stick to RIM, otherwise it's Android or iPhone.
    09-11-10 09:53 PM
    Bingo, what a perfect closing sentence (wish I had thought of that, LOL).

It's all nothing more than childish rants made by those who want it all, want it now and want it cheap! It's hard to ignore the idiots, but at the same time, I guess the positive nature in me keeps wanting to try and get them try, against all odds, to get some rational thinking in their lives. They get unhappy with their BB,then go out and buy an Android device or Jesus phone, but still return here to continue their rants and raves. Really, I thought people grew out of that sort of stuff before they turned 12, but I guess not.

Actually, of all the idiotic things he postsed, the only one I'm anxious for is a better browser (joining you in letting the cat out of the bag). Other than that, I'm actually more than content, I'm relatively happy!

Oh wow, thanks buddy you blew our cover. Dang now everyone knows we secretly crave a better browser and they're gonna laugh at us. Oh, the humiliation! Oh, the shame! Oh, oh!

Btw, you have an uncanny knack of searching out secrets and could make a valuable member of our Secret 7 Society. Wanna come for a tryout next Wednesday?

On a serious note: Since when does happy = contented?
    09-11-10 10:01 PM
    It is simply a game of leapfrog. Rim will come back with a device and OS that will jump ahead, but they do need to keep the features that so many of us like. So it will take some time. OS 6 is enough for now. Like Jbull, some of us do not like touch screens. I have to use a touch screen PDA at work, have used it for years and still hate it. I also like the way my BlackBerry works, it is easy and comfortable. Most of my browsing is to sites where reading text is the main objective and my Bold works very well for that and is plenty fast.

I love how I can open and edit my work spreadsheets and documents with Docs to Go Premium no matter where I am. I also like being able to use my media card to transport huge files from one computer to another, no matter what kind of file it is. Some keep trying to convince us there is something wrong with us for liking our BlackBerries, but it just helps me identify the features I like and the reasons I choose to stay with BlackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

09-11-10 10:09 PM
    I still prefer BlackBerry over iPhone and Android because I can send Emails, Text Messages, and Calendar Invites faster. I do those things constantly throughout the day. I do browse the web, but not as much as my communication needs. I liked the BlackBerry OS when I had OS 4.5. I really like the updated features with OS 5.0. Can't wait to get OS 6.0.
    BlackBerry OS is not flashy, but it gets the job done fast and efficiently. There are quite a few smartphones out and they have something for everyone. There are no bad phones, and I'm glad they're all not the same. We have many to choose from. I just happen to like what BlackBerry has to offer. Believe me, I've done my homework on the others as well.

09-11-10 10:34 PM
    Oops, guess im one of those bored Android users who has nothing better to do than pick on all the Blackberry users, because none of us who switched could possibly still have friends on this forum, and we certainly must have forgotten everything we knew about our Blackberries, so there's no possible way we can be helpful anymore.

It is so pathetic how much bashing goes on around here that when I saw someone in another thread give an honest assessment of an Evo despite realizing he/she didn't like it, it was like a breath of fresh air. I don't like when folks only point out the negative or declare things to be" junk" while being unable to find anything at all to be positive about. Even the crappiest pos products ever made surely can be discussed in a manner that doesn't make the reviewer look like a biased dork.
    09-12-10 05:06 AM
    Oops, guess im one of those bored Android users who has nothing better to do than pick on all the Blackberry users...
    You can be if you really want to be one so badly, I mean I don't see anyone accusing you or whatever.

Anyway, everybody has their own opinion. Whatever it is, you have a choice to respond or let it slide. You can choose to get offended, but that already says certain things about yourself. If you truly couldn't care less, you would not have said this:

Personally, I couldn't possibly care any less what device anybody here uses. It does irk me a bit when folks pull the whole "I used a (insert device they want to bash) for 20 minutes, and let me tell you, it's total crap". That, to me, is the sign of someone with a closed mind, who likely went into the experience already prepared to not like it, and wanted to use the experience to help justify whatever their choice is.
    This guy doesn't like device A because of whatever reasons whether dumb or legitimate. So?

This is the internet. Anyone who wants to post their opinion on a forum better be prepared to get answered by other users. Don't pretend to be an enlightened someone just because you try to be neutral. The moment you publish your own words you're no longer on the fence. Posting specs =/= your own words btw.
    09-12-10 06:42 AM
    Oops, guess im one of those bored Android users who has nothing better to do than pick on all the Blackberry users, because none of us who switched could possibly still have friends on this forum, and we certainly must have forgotten everything we knew about our Blackberries, so there's no possible way we can be helpful anymore.

It is so pathetic how much bashing goes on around here that when I saw someone in another thread give an honest assessment of an Evo despite realizing he/she didn't like it, it was like a breath of fresh air. I don't like when folks only point out the negative or declare things to be" junk" while being unable to find anything at all to be positive about. Even the crappiest pos products ever made surely can be discussed in a manner that doesn't make the reviewer look like a biased dork.
    If you were actually on this forum to help other BB users and learning and helping with the device you have that would be great, but your not. Any chance you can you throw droid is better and anyone that still likes their BB are stupid and don't know what they are doing. Thats what frustrates me. Now I will go make a phone call on my ancient BB BOLD lol.....please forgive me
    09-12-10 11:55 AM
    ===== QUOTE the_sandman_454 ====

===== /QUOTE ====

If you were actually on this forum to help other BB users and learning and helping with the device you have that would be great, but your not. Any chance you can you throw droid is better and anyone that still likes their BB are stupid and don't know what they are doing. Thats what frustrates me. Now I will go make a phone call on my ancient BB BOLD lol.....please forgive me
    Where did he ever say, "anyone that still likes their BB are stupid [SIC]"? Do not put words in a person's mouth if he did not say them.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-12-10 12:01 PM
  13. T
    Now I will go make a phone call on my ancient BB BOLD lol
    I like that. That's what BlackBerry does best: communication.
    09-12-10 12:02 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD