View Poll Results: How do you feel about Rim?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rim is ok in my book I am staying put!

49 72.06%
  • Rim is failing I am leaving or already left

19 27.94%
    I left bb for the Droid X and personally if Rim made some changes or at least showed me they are heading in the right direction I would return. I had the Storm 2 as my last bb and didn't feel Rim was going to give it OS 6.0 and I was right. So how does everyone else feel about Rim at this time, were are they going with the Blackberry devices?
    Last edited by ESN; 09-09-10 at 08:28 PM.
    09-09-10 08:26 PM
    In the right direction. (Except for touchscreen -- I don't see any need for that.)
    09-09-10 08:39 PM
    I was in to verizon for 2 hours today! I have the bold and I wanted to look at the new droids. Looked at the droid 2 droid x and the new samsung android phone. For me texting and typing email is the most important. I had such a hard time texting on all of them. So slow and so so many errors. Now swype made the mistakes go away but I still did not like it. I played with the three droids for 45 minutes and it just never got any easier. Now I have never used a touch screen so after I realized there was no way I would be happy with a droid I looked at the storm2 and typing was so much easier on that phone. I really hope rim steps up whats under the hood. The overall experience is so much better than droid when texting or emailing. They get the browsing up to par will be great. For this text heavy guy BB ftw!!
    09-09-10 08:47 PM
    I was in to verizon for 2 hours today! I have the bold and I wanted to look at the new droids. Looked at the droid 2 droid x and the new samsung android phone. For me texting and typing email is the most important. I had such a hard time texting on all of them. So slow and so so many errors. Now swype made the mistakes go away but I still did not like it. I played with the three droids for 45 minutes and it just never got any easier. Now I have never used a touch screen so after I realized there was no way I would be happy with a droid I looked at the storm2 and typing was so much easier on that phone. I really hope rim steps up whats under the hood. The overall experience is so much better than droid when texting or emailing. They get the browsing up to par will be great. For this text heavy guy BB ftw!!
    I hate to be the one to break it to you, but 45 minutes will not be nearly enough time to become proficient with a new device's text input method (just as it won't be enough time to learn every nuance of a new OS). It took me forever to learn my Tour's keyboard well enough that I'm typing this to y'all without even looking at the screen. I'm sure that will be possible with the Droid 2, since it's got a physical keyboard. I don't think it would be possible to touch type with the standard touch screen only devices though.

Anyway, I'm ready to switch from BB to Droid 2 or Droid X. That doesn't mean I think BB/RIM devices are bad, it just means my needs/wants have shifted away from what RIM is offering currently.

I want the impressive multimedia capabilities offered by the android OS and the high performance hardware that the android devices offer.

The Droid 2 I was playing with yesterday was able to load and render conventional websites in roughly the same time it (occasionally) takes my Tour to render wap optimized pages.

I'll miss BBM when I make the switch.

If RIM comes out with a device that can compete with the high-end android devices in terms of OS and processor speed/hardware, I'd sure consider going back...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-10 09:17 PM
    I am looking at the Verizon EVO phone around the Holidays. Still hoping that Verizon will get the Iphone but not holding my breathe. Being a Storm owner and suffering for two years I am ready to leave. Sorry RIM I won't go with the Torch. I am really looking forward to getting a Droid with a front facing camera.
    09-09-10 09:34 PM
    Why did I know this poll was started by a Droid owner?
    09-09-10 09:38 PM
    I am remaining Blackberry. Why you ask, because the device does what I need it to. It may not be the flashiest and the most user friendly, but then again I dont need a friendly OS. I need something that suits my tastes and my needs. Why anyone really gives a **** is beyond me, but meh, whatever floats your boat.
    09-09-10 09:59 PM
    im more than happy with RIM ...im a Torch owner..i think i'll stay put
    09-09-10 09:59 PM
    I love the torch. And BBM has me locked to BB, sadly.
    09-09-10 10:11 PM
    i love bbm and i love my storm 2 i couldnt be happyer as a VZW and Rim customer
    09-09-10 10:21 PM
    Even though I want to c changes with RIM and get closer with specs after playing with droids at verizon today I am not leaving BB for anything. Bold is so much bettr for text input! Even the storm was way easier for me to type on than the droids! No thanks. Web browser kit, I can't wait for u !!

09-09-10 10:57 PM
    I can't vote for either option. (I'm not defecting tomorrow, and I'm not promising to stay with BB forever)

I just saw a Samsung Fascinate at the Verizon kiosk. OMG, that super AMOLED screen is gorgeous. Color vividness is amazing. My storm looks pathetic, by comparison. 4" of gorgeous, bright color. wow!
    09-09-10 11:21 PM
    Staying to see how the QNX IS and LTE Storm turn out.
    09-09-10 11:29 PM
    Staying to see how the QNX IS and LTE Storm turn out.
    Yea, good luck.
    09-09-10 11:36 PM
    Um yeah, you needed more poll options, but then I guess it would have been the same as a poll that was done a couple days ago and a couple days before that, and a couple days before that, and...lol!

Seriously though, some of us haven't made a decision either way. I'm eying the options, but that's it for now. And I agree with Dave about the Fascinate. I seriously want to replace our iPhone 3G with that, but I don't know if I'll be able to get permission!
    09-09-10 11:40 PM
    I'm sticking with Blackberry. I know what I need and want in a phone and the phone I have meets those needs.
    09-09-10 11:50 PM
    Before I found out the 9700 was OS 6 eligible I was seriously considering defecting to Android -- but it's all good now.
    09-09-10 11:51 PM
    Why did I know this poll was started by a Droid owner?
    Because most dissatisfied BB owners are moving to Android. Kinda puts the statistics into perspective.
    09-10-10 12:25 AM
    Came across this site somehow. It talks about why Rim sucks. Thought it may/may not be appropriate to share here. I'm in the I'm already left camp.

Why RIM Sucks | NewsYo
    09-10-10 03:13 AM
    The "site" (i.e. the article) is not very journalistic. It's filled with typos and grammatical mistakes. It looks more like something from someone's cheesy blog.
    09-10-10 06:00 AM
    The "site" (i.e. the article) is not very journalistic. It's filled with typos and grammatical mistakes. It looks more like something from someone's cheesy blog.
    It is a blog. I found that out by going to the home page of the site.
    09-10-10 06:08 AM
    Rim has always been the one company to do what they want to do and be succesful at it. Are they headed in the wrong direction, not even close. They are headed exactly where they want to go, and doing it well. Im happy with the platform and the os as it is. The last two phones ive owned have been bb, and ive never been happier.
    09-10-10 08:48 AM
    Why do people complain about rim? It makes no sense. If you don't like it, go for something else. Geezey.

09-10-10 09:08 AM
    Why do people complain about rim? It makes no sense. If you don't like it, go for something else. Geezey.

Perhaps because folks like the core BB features, email, BBM, but also want a powerful device, good browser and Flash support.

If BB had something to compete multimedia wise with the high-end Android devices I'd not be thinking about when I'm going to make the switch right now...

09-10-10 09:34 AM
    It is simply a game of leapfrog. Rim will come back with a device and OS that will jump ahead, but they do need to keep the features that so many of us like. So it will take some time. OS 6 is enough for now. Like Jbull, some of us do not like touch screens. I have to use a touch screen PDA at work, have used it for years and still hate it. I also like the way my BlackBerry works, it is easy and comfortable. Most of my browsing is to sites where reading text is the main objective and my Bold works very well for that and is plenty fast.

I love how I can open and edit my work spreadsheets and documents with Docs to Go Premium no matter where I am. I also like being able to use my media card to transport huge files from one computer to another, no matter what kind of file it is. Some keep trying to convince us there is something wrong with us for liking our BlackBerries, but it just helps me identify the features I like and the reasons I choose to stay with BlackBerry.

09-10-10 10:49 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD