Hey there!

I was a big BB-fan...
    But now, I'm just angry...

1. Data service trouble: FB was dead, E-mail didn't work for almost a whole day.
    2. Today, ICQ and AIM troubles.
    3. Eventually, I can't upgrade my to the new OS 6, because RIM put to less mem. in..
    4. Since OS 5, I have troubles to fill out forms (like here name and Passwort), the cursor just jumps out.
    5. After every data outage, many mails or messeges - just get lost.

I mean, I have almost a new phone (like most other current models), but I know, thats it's gonna be "old" really soon...
    Not because of new technologies, only out of marketing.

If they want to do the same thing as Apple, they should also put in real innovations.

I mean, they still sell phones, that don't support the software, which comes out in a month...

OS6 isn't hat big jump - only a OS 5 facelift with Iphone features.

So they really want us to buy new phones for that?!

I pay 5Euros month by month for the BB-Service, but there is always trouble!
    (And other phone brand offer the same serivces now)

I'm not sure if my next phone will be a BB again!
    Why shall I pay for services that don't work as they should?
    Pay so much money for devices with old hardware, others do have over 1GB internal memory,...

I was a big fan - but now, I just feel, they think I'm stupid...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-10 08:26 AM
    Your but alone in your thinking its all over the forums. Rim needs to step up to the plate or they will end up like winmo and palm IMO. I know there are a lot of diahard BB fans but just look at what other platforms are coming out with. I hope this fall rim releases some fixes and new devices to play catch up. Yesterday rims earnings showed that there was a issue with discontent in subscribers. the articles I read backs up what most people are saying rim needs to get with the program fast!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-10 08:37 AM
    Can't.... resist...... must...... walk..... away......
    06-25-10 08:52 AM
    Ok... I'm going to paste my post from a different thread, as I feel it gets my point across on this topic.

"Bottom line, if you don't like your phone, get a different one. There are lots of options out there these days, YOU DON'T HAVE TO STICK WITH BLACKBERRY! If you think BlackBerry's apps are watered down Android or iPhone apps, why don't you get an Android, or an iPhone, and get the apps in the concentrated form that you desire.

We live in a world of many options, you are not tied down to one thing and only one thing. Don't like McDonalds burgers? Go to Burger King! Chevy cars don't have the options you want, check out a Ford, maybe that'll do it for you! I don't like Wrangler jeans, so I buy mine from Old Navy. Charmin TP feels better on my *** than Quilted Northern, so I'm damn sure not going to buy the stuff that hurts, and then complain to people about it and not make the change to something different. Get the phone that suits you best, if that's not a BB, yet you stick with a BB regardless then you have no one to blame for your misery but yourself. It's not RIM's fault that you hate your phone...

That's my rant (one that's not necessarily directed singly at the OP), and it's directed at everyone who hates their phones, yet does nothing to change their device. It's one thing to state something you don't like in a constructive manner, and there's another to just whine and cry about it. Enjoy the day. "
    06-25-10 09:42 AM
    Hey guys!
    First of all, thank you for your replies!

It was too much last weeks, that my phone didn`t work as it should...

I love my BB - thats why I get that angry.
    If it was just a "phone" for me, I`d throw it in my trash can!
    06-25-10 09:50 AM
    Hey guys!
    First of all, thank you for your replies!

It was too much last weeks, that my phone didn`t work as it should...

I love my BB - thats why I get that angry.
    If it was just a "phone" for me, I`d throw it in my trash can!
    So now you're apologizing because your phone sucks?
    06-25-10 09:54 AM
    Ok... I'm going to paste my post
    Say that real fast..........
    06-25-10 09:59 AM
    Huh, when was he apologizing?
    06-25-10 10:00 AM
    No, I just shouted out my frustration...

I cant understand the data problems - this are things, that never should happen...
    06-25-10 10:00 AM
    No, I just shouted out my frustration...

I cant understand the data problems - this are things, that never should happen...
    With any kind of technology, issues are going to arise from time to time, and the network is going to go down, it's just something that we all have to realize and live with. There is no such thing as 100% uptime...
    06-25-10 10:05 AM
    With any kind of technology, issues are going to arise from time to time, and the network is going to go down, it's just something that we all have to realize and live with. There is no such thing as 100% uptime...
    Eventually you are right...
    But I was really angry.
    I waited for some important emails from my professor - and the got lost in nowhere...

So I had to tell my frustration - now I feel better!

Thank you for your open ears!
    06-25-10 10:16 AM
    The 8900 is a waning phone. I got mine on 26th December 2008 in the UK. I now have an 9700.

When the 9800 slider comes out I shall get one of them. I like BlackBerrys a lot and I do not like Apple at all.

I also get frustrated with my phone, my car, and, well, other things too.

Usually I do not vent in public on these forums but I see no reason why some folk should not do so if they wish, especially on a hot Friday.

The thing to do is to let someone have a bit of a rant and then to let it slide, just like you would if these forums were spoken. True people would say different things if they spoke compared to what they write here but I am sure you get the idea.

As to OS 6 or, BlackBerry 6, as RIM would have it, my current understanding is that the 8900 will run this OS but it will run better/fuller on a phone with a faster processor and more memory.

Unlike PCs where a 2 year old model is often upgradable to the latest OS, phones are a bit more "out there" on the bleeding edge. This is due to competeition and the ease of production. This of course means that when something new comes along, the existing products and left by the wayside.

Given the two year life span/contract life of a phone this is not too surprising. To illustrate this I point to the Canadian carrier, Rogers who are now offereing the 9700 for $0 with a contract. How old is the 9700? Less than a year, I think and it too only has 256Mb of Device Memory.
    06-25-10 10:26 AM
    Elvin - between this post and your initial one, you're really being an A**hole. For some people it may not be that easy to pay for a new phone just because they get irritated with the one they have. Easy to say switch to BK if you don't like McD because you're not in a contract with McD who will penalize you with hundreds of dollars if you switch fat pills. Get a grip.
    06-25-10 10:34 AM
    Elvin - between this post and your initial one, you're really being an A**hole. For some people it may not be that easy to pay for a new phone just because they get irritated with the one they have. Easy to say switch to BK if you don't like McD because you're not in a contract with McD who will penalize you with hundreds of dollars if you switch fat pills. Get a grip.
    1) You have 30 days w/ most (if not all) major carriers to try out the service/device. Usually 30 days is sufficient to know if the phone/network will work how you want it to.

2) If you are really unhappy with your service, sell your phone to recoup most of the ETF.
    06-25-10 11:12 AM
    I'm sorry you feel that I'm being an *******, I think I make alot of sense. I, for one, do not have the money to pay for a new phone whenever I want to get one, if I don't like my phone, then I have to deal with it, and I might say that I don't care for it, but I'm not going to make a big deal of it, I'll get along until I'm due for upgrade. I'm simply making the point relative to this thread that if you don't like the way the phone works, and if you have problems with it, get a different one, being bound into a contract has no bearing on you getting a new device, just the price it costs.
    1) You have 30 days w/ most (if not all) major carriers to try out the service/device. Usually 30 days is sufficient to know if the phone/network will work how you want it to.

2) If you are really unhappy with your service, sell your phone to recoup most of the ETF.
    This is a very good point. I've played around with many different smartphones, and I knew within a day or two whether that particular handset would work for me.

Call me what you will, I'm just trying to make the point that it's not worth all the ******** and moaning to complain about the handset that you have, when there are many alternatives readily available. I mean no direct ill will, or offense to anyone, I'm simply making a common sense point.
    06-25-10 01:21 PM
    I'm switching over to an android device next week.. I couldn't be more excited! I just feel its the right move at this point.
    06-25-10 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD