View Poll Results: In which hand do you hold the phone when in a call?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm right handed, and I use my right hand and right ear.

2 40.00%
  • I'm right handed, and I use my left hand and left ear

1 20.00%
  • I'm left handed, and I use my left hand and left ear.

2 40.00%
  • I'm left handed, and I use my right hand and right ear.

0 0%
  • I really am 50/50 on this: each hand/ear equal time.

0 0%
    (This poll is not for headset and speakerphone users.)

My Q10 seems to be optimized for right handed use. Granted, I can use it fine with either hand, but if you think about it the main gesture to get to the Hub is optimized for right handed use (probably because the majority of the planet's population is right handed).

What I want to know is what percentage of right handed people primarily hold the phone to their right ears during calls or vice versa, and what percentage of left handed people primarily hold the phone to their left ears or vice versa. The reason I say primarily is because I recognize that we all may switch hands/ears from time to time and would like the poll to reflect what users do most of the time.

I'm right handed, but I've always held phones to my left ear (using my left hand). To me that makes the most sense. It leaves my writing hand free for jotting down information or eating donuts. Also, if you look at most landline desk phones, the wire that goes to the receiver is usually on the left. Maybe that's another reason why I'm accustomed to using my left hand. It just doesn't make sense to hold a desk phone receiver in my right hand with the cord stretched across my chest.

Please answer the poll and elaborate in the comments on how your one handed BlackBerry use goes when it comes to general flowing around on the BlackBerry, be it browsing, looking at the calendar, or whatnot. If you're right handed, is your one-handed BlackBerry use mostly right handed or do you more often use your left hand? Same question for the lefties.
    08-23-14 04:03 PM
    Matters not, I'm ambidextrous. No problem for me whatsoever. Btw I also use either left or right to write as well.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 04:28 PM
    I am left-handed and use the phone with my left year.Some functions do seem more optimised for the right-handers but the lefties gradually come to grips with this and get by !
    08-23-14 10:09 PM
    Left handed, left ear. But...when I am navigating my phone I use my right hand. And I wear my watch on my left wrist which apparently I'm not supposed to do.
    08-23-14 11:06 PM
    I agree, I like using both hands on Q10SQN100-3/10.3.0.1052

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    08-23-14 11:18 PM
    Mostly right handed but I use my left when on the phone (and also when typing one handed) because my left is just a TAD bigger than my right and lets me reach right across to the other side.
    08-23-14 11:55 PM
    Righthanded but when I talk on my phone I hold it in my left hand up to my left ear (mainly because I'm basically deaf on my right ear), when I use my phone I use my right hand and I type with both.

Posted via Q10
    08-24-14 12:42 AM
    Both, easy access to the keyboard on my Q10!!

Posted via my bad a** Z30!!!
    08-24-14 01:13 AM
    Right handed. Left ear mostly, so that my right hand is free to do other things like writing, using the mouse.

Use both hands on the phone coz it's more efficient to me.

SinSim, posted via CB10
    08-24-14 01:36 AM
    Not sure if anyone remembers in the early BB10 official OS release(s).

When in the left side menu of an app. For instance CB10 or The Hub. You would be able to swipe up and to the left to bring the app back into frame. Wish they would bring that gesture back.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-24-14 01:46 AM
    Predominantly right handed but very ambidextrous. Talk on the phone with my left hand. Z10, by the way. I have never been a fast typist, even after a year of typing in High School, which was a looonnngggg time ago. So I'm basically a one finger typer. Right index finger holding the phone with my left hand. Thank God for this flick keyboard. I never could acclimate to the 2 thumb typing. I have very large thumbs and keep hitting the wrong keys. I came from a Pearl and a Bold and don't see myself ever going back to a physical keyboard. Took me 5 minutes to type this.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    08-24-14 08:37 AM
    I am left-handed and use the phone with my left year.Some functions do seem more optimised for the right-handers but the lefties gradually come to grips with this and get by !
    We don't really have a choice but adjust! Always amusing to present right handers with left handed tools and watch them flap around like dying fish though ;-)

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 08:42 AM
    Left hand when making calls. Right hand for everything else.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 08:48 AM
    Although I'm right handed I find myself using both hands.
    I also notice I switch back and forth a lot as the situation I'm in at the moment.
    I type most accurate with my right hand.
    Who else has the rough callous on the tip of the left thump?
    So yes I'd say both hands.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 02:02 PM
    I'm left handed, and when I'm talking on the phone, I use my left ear always...when I'm navigating through my phone, I always use my right hand though.
    08-24-14 02:29 PM
    It takes 2x hands to operate mine :wink:

Seriously though, comfortable either way...

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    08-25-14 12:39 AM
    What are you talking about?
    I'm right handed but use my Z30 with my left hand. I have absolutely no problem with the hub gestures and stuff.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 01:56 AM
    Left handed but I use the phone with my right hand since I'm then able to still write or do whatever I need to while on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 05:36 AM