Just saw this on CNBC today morning.
    Found it funny that Richard Branson says he's trying to like the iPhone.
    01-22-15 12:23 PM
    01-22-15 12:25 PM
    Hehe

Posted via Q10Bold
    01-22-15 12:38 PM
    Interesting the ceo of Virgin uses a BlackBerry and is trying to like iPhone, another way of saying he doesn't like iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 12:57 PM
    There was a video intro at the Classic launch event which featured several celebrities, including Sir Richard Branson, talking about their BlackBerries. Unfortunatly it is not available for viewing anywhere

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 01:34 PM
    It's funny, you hear all the time that nobody use s BlackBerry anymore, but of course we know that's not true. A lot of very important people still use Blackberries. We know that the President of the United States use s BlackBerry. Lets think who are some of the other really important people who use it.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 01:49 PM
    Me
    bullnuke7532 likes this.
    01-22-15 01:55 PM
    01-22-15 01:59 PM
    Probably could have but I definitely think Richard Branson deserves his own Thread, after all he is the CEO of Virgin Mobile.

Posted via CB10
    jhanks64 likes this.
    01-22-15 02:11 PM
    ... And yet you can't purchase a Blackberry from Virgin Mobile (UK site)

It's funny, you hear all the time that nobody use s BlackBerry anymore, but of course we know that's not true.
    People do use Blackberry, but they are very far and few between.

In the UK, Blackberry is expected to be at around 1.4% market share this year. That figure is an insignificant amount where a generalization of "nobody uses Blackberry" is understandable as I'm pretty certain, a big chunk of that 1.4% dwindling market share are devices that are forced upon employees in "enterprise"... that place where Blackberry is going back.
    neoberry99 and ddlax22 like this.
    01-22-15 02:50 PM
    Thanks for the link. Didn't know of this thread. Looks like a cool thread. Will cross post there.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 03:20 PM

In the UK, Blackberry is expected to be at around 1.4% market share this year. That figure is an insignificant amount where a generalization of "nobody uses Blackberry" is understandable as I'm pretty certain, a big chunk of that 1.4% dwindling market share are devices that are forced upon employees in "enterprise"... that place where Blackberry is going back.
    It may be difficult to buy a BlackBerry in the UK but it seems that important people that value their privacy and security still manage to get their hands on one. People like Mr Branson and your Prime Minister. I'm pretty sure nobody is forcing Richard Branson to use a BlackBerry. Your secret service may be forcing your Prime Minister though.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 03:26 PM
    It may be difficult to buy a BlackBerry in the UK but it seems that important people that value their privacy and security still manage to get their hands on one. People like Mr Branson and your Prime Minister. I'm pretty sure nobody is forcing Richard Branson to use a BlackBerry. Your secret service may be forcing your Prime Minister though.

Posted via CB10
    Privacy and security from who?

From my understanding, my Z10 isn't any more private or secure than an iPhone or Android .

Email, messaging such as WhatsApp / bbm, dropbox, browsing, calling, texting, evernote, Facebook, LinkedIn, twitter, banking, ebay etc is ALL on a level playing field, non of these are any more private in BB10 than on other platforms.

Potentially BBM and email is if I have my own server with BES, but then... BES12 is also available for other platforms.

So we may value our privacy but I guess it's a misconception that we're somehow sandboxed from prying eyes when using a Blackberry out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    shaleem likes this.
    01-22-15 04:27 PM
    I read that a lot on the these threads yet with all the phones that these top executives and word leaders have to chose from why are they always choosing BlackBerry. You have to ask your self do they know something that you don't.

Posted via CB10
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    01-22-15 05:25 PM
    Interesting the ceo of Virgin uses a BlackBerry and is trying to like iPhone, another way of saying he doesn't like iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Not really. What it clearly says is that the BlackBerry device suits his needs.
    TGR1 likes this.
    01-22-15 05:32 PM
    Privacy and security from who?

From my understanding, my Z10 isn't any more private or secure than an iPhone or Android .

Email, messaging such as WhatsApp / bbm, dropbox, browsing, calling, texting, evernote, Facebook, LinkedIn, twitter, banking, ebay etc is ALL on a level playing field, non of these are any more private in BB10 than on other platforms.

Potentially BBM and email is if I have my own server with BES, but then... BES12 is also available for other platforms.

So we may value our privacy but I guess it's a misconception that we're somehow sandboxed from prying eyes when using a Blackberry out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    No, BB10 actually IS more secure, still, even without BES.

BB10 hasn't been rooted, and there's been no successful malware exploit at this point. It's fair to say that if you're using a third party messaging service then THAT could represent a weak link, but BBM hasn't been hacked at this point, either.
    01-22-15 05:34 PM
    Not really. What it clearly says is that the BlackBerry device suits his needs.
    Watch the video. In the video Branson is asked BlackBerry or iPhone? Brandon answers I've got a BlackBerry in one pocket and I'm trying to like the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 05:53 PM

BB10 hasn't been rooted, and there's been no successful malware exploit at this point. It's fair to say that if you're using a third party messaging service then THAT could represent a weak link, but BBM hasn't been hacked at this point, either.
    Granted... the underlying OS has not been hacked but that doesn't discard the main point, using a Blackberry isn't more private & secure when using:

Email, messaging such as WhatsApp / bbm, dropbox, browsing, calling, texting, evernote, Facebook, LinkedIn, twitter, banking, ebay etc

As for BBM not being hacked, well that's available cross platform, so what other compelling reason is left for a consumer to buy Blackberry with respect to security and privacy, just because the OS is secure doesn't mean everything on top is private.
    01-23-15 03:01 AM
    Yawn. When they use a BB10 phone wake me up.
    01-23-15 05:39 AM
    Forced upon them or not, I'm pretty sure there's a pretty good reason in there somewhere as to why the enterprise which employ the 1.4% chooses to force BlackBerry on those folks.

BlackBerry will never be as popular as the other major platforms, but it's hard to argue the niche and need they currently fill. If there wasn't a need for BlackBerry's approach to manage communications, it's safe to say BlackBerry would have ceased operations a long time ago. Somehow they're still plugging along. Funny how that happens.
    01-23-15 11:51 AM
    Watch various news clips from the current Davos WEF (World Economic Forum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) - lots of keyboard devices in evidence - my assumption is that they are all BlackBerry devices (which would make sense as most of the attendees are world leaders in finance, business, and politics)
    01-24-15 04:53 AM

I'm with Virgin Mobile (UK) My friend has just gotten a new Q5 from VM and im still rocking a Q10 so you can get these devices but in store , �18.00 a month for unlimited calls, texts, Internet and 0845,0800 numbers makes the deal even sweeter
    01-24-15 05:03 AM

BB10 hasn't been rooted, and there's been no successful malware exploit at this point.
    Neither has Windows Phone.
    01-24-15 05:33 AM
    He puts it such that he is embarrassed that he does not like an iphone. Lol

Q10 | SQN100-3 | CIRCA 2013
    3MIKE likes this.
    01-24-15 07:01 AM

Is that because it's hard to crack or because nobody has been bothered?

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 08:13 AM
34 12