BlackBerry 10 review | Operating systems Reviews | TechRadar

I don't know if this has been posted yet; and if it has please close the thread....

But this is probably the most thorough BlackBerry 10 review I've seen...it was actually linked on the official BlackBerry 10 page.

There are a couple little jabs where they liken it to Android/iOS but for the most part, they give an honest description of the software, and the conclusion is overwhelmingly positive despite it certainly not being a fanboy article.

Again if this is already been posted, my bad.
    11-02-12 11:20 AM
    In retrospect/after a search I see it was posted in the OS/Desktop Software forum. I figure more people may see it in the General Discussion tab so I say it's valid.
    11-02-12 11:22 AM
    I'm not sure between the "little jabs" littered throughout the piece or the irony in the statement that this OS will be difficult "with so many things to learn, it will take some serious and quick eduction".

I find it laughable that the review seems to complain of the learning curve. I don't see how this is any different from the process of learning any OS, even iOS. The whole purpose of these sites are to inform and educate. From the thorough analysis, people who've read this will have already done at least 50% of the "learning".

Of course RIM will provide necessary instructions/help/faqs, but bemoaning the features of an OS as potentially too complex for the layman is a cop-out at best.
    11-02-12 12:23 PM
    I'm not sure between the "little jabs" littered throughout the piece or the irony in the statement that this OS will be difficult "with so many things to learn, it will take some serious and quick eduction".

I find it laughable that the review seems to complain of the learning curve. I don't see how this is any different from the process of learning any OS, even iOS. The whole purpose of these sites are to inform and educate. From the thorough analysis, people who've read this will have already done at least 50% of the "learning".

Of course RIM will provide necessary instructions/help/faqs, but bemoaning the features of an OS as potentially too complex for the layman is a cop-out at best.
    Ah yes....I meant to mention this, that was what bothered me the most. Leave it to the media to say that, regardless of how amazing BB10 is, that it will be too hard for people to learn.

A) That's ridiculous, I foresee it taking less than 1 hour to become totally familiar with all the gestures
    B) This guy has zero faith in society and its level of intelligence
    C) This is not a device meant to be able to pass off to your kids and have them know how to use it (iOS)
    D) It's way more productive than iOS for that reason
    E) BlackBerry 10 is for people with productivity in mind; this has been clear for a long time.

Thanks for mentioning.
    11-02-12 01:00 PM
    Actually you know what else really pissed me off:

"Although the operating system is in development, we must say that we were impressed with how smooth and slick the interface felt under out fingers – seamlessly zipping around without fuss.
    BlackBerry assured us that is smooth experience would still be present in the final product, thanks to the clever integration of the HTML 5 system, which optimises the performance of the software. We certainly hope they're right."

How about being impressed about how fast it is GIVEN the fact that it's only in development and will get faster.

"RIM assured us this smooth experience would still be present at launch".....No sh!t it will 'Still be present'. Do you know anything about software whatsoever? Generally the final product is more polished and smooth than the early beta. What an abomination of a sentence.
    11-02-12 01:23 PM
    It is interesting to review something which is neither final nor available within the next two or three months. Thought there would be a reason to call such things "previews". Nonetheless, a rather mixed up article. In todays time a smooth experience should be a basic thing, I mean even the first Windows Phone 7 devices offered a virtually smooth UI. Even Android introduced it with 4.1
    11-02-12 06:04 PM