Hello. I'm a Storm user, but I don't think my question is Storm-specific, so this seemed the best place to post my question. I was playing around with the color effects yesterday and took a couple of junk/test photos with the "Whiteboard" effect enabled. Today, when trying to take pix of some beautiful mountain scenery in Colorado, I had forgotten that effect was selected until I'd taken some of the photos I wanted most to turn out.

Question: is it possible to remove that effect and revert to the original color photo using something like GIMP or some other image editing software (I use Linux on my laptop)? I know it's possible to transform color photos to black & white or sepia (though I've never done this). Thanks for any help. I searched for a similar topic and found nothing here.

Allan
    03-12-10 07:10 PM
    Allan - wondering if you have found an answer to this problem. I experienced the same thing.
    04-23-10 09:16 AM
    I personally do not think there is a way to reverse the whiteboard effect, as it purposely drops out the mid tones in the image. I will fool around with an image of mine when I get home, I have photoshop. I'l let you know.
    04-23-10 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD