Hi, I was wondering if there was any way I could lookup a contact in my blackberry by entering in their phone number?

My scenario is this: I just got a call on a landline phone and I didn't pick it up because I didn't recognize the number... but now I am wondering if the number is in my blackberry and I just don't know who it is... I could go contact by contact and search that way but I figured there must be a more efficient way.

Thanks
    12-05-08 01:42 PM
    Or just dial the number with your BB, hit the green phone button and hang up right away. Does your BB display a contact name rather than just the number. If so, there's the answer to who called you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 03:51 PM
    If the number is in your BB under a contact the contact name should show up when they call, not just the number.
    12-05-08 08:35 PM
    1up the name should come up
    12-05-08 08:36 PM
    If you press the "S" key from the Home screen, it will bring up the Search screen. (Or you can select the Search icon.) Then you can enter the phone number and select Address Book, and it will search for the number in your Address Book.
    12-06-08 11:45 AM
    If you press the "S" key from the Home screen, it will bring up the Search screen. (Or you can select the Search icon.) Then you can enter the phone number and select Address Book, and it will search for the number in your Address Book.
    Thanks! I had the search icon hidden and didn't even think of this.
    01-02-09 09:20 AM
    Dear!

This website offer 100% accuracy reverse phone lookup service.
    cellphonelookuptest dot com
    05-15-10 06:31 AM
    Same problem here.

My company has 5 digit extension numbers and I like to know who I'm calling when I respond to my pager calls (ugh! I know!). So online reverse lookup is not an option.

With My Storm, I used to be able to search a number and all the contacts with these numbers would be in the results but I can't find a way to make my torch 9800 behave in the same way. Everything is selected in the search options...

Thanks
    09-23-11 01:56 PM
    I just tried this with my torch and it doesn't work. So I tried putting in a number that I know is in my contacts and the search still did not find it. At first I searched in options for a way to show the name and number on the contacts list but then I realised there prob isn't an option because of each contact having at least 2 numbers.

09-23-11 11:37 PM
    I noticed a "Reverse Lookup" option after Poynt was installed on my phone. Press the Talk button to take you to the incoming/outgoing calls. Highlight the one you want info on and press the menu key. At the top it should show Reverse Lookup. It gives the general area for cell phones. Landlines show correct cities.

Hope this helps
    09-24-11 05:56 AM
    Thanks. I wanted to do it for the same reason as the OP. Didn't recognize a # on my landline and just wanted to find it quickly on my cell to see if it was anyone I knew.

09-24-11 09:32 AM
    Im a newbie here,anyone can help us, actually Private Phone Detective website helps a lot,How it happen? Is that also Reverse Phone Lookup Website?
    03-06-12 01:25 AM
    White Pages has always worked for me. Unless it is unpublished.
    03-06-12 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD