Blackberry unltd. + 900 minute plan is over $125/month on Verizon.

Considering they disable the GPS and want even more cash for Navigator, I can't stomach the personal expense.

Was fun to play with for a couple weeks.

Sorry, Blackberry Curve.
    06-14-08 03:28 AM
    verizon is way overpriced
    sprint has that $99 unlimited everything plan, but i dont know if that includes bis service
    better luck with some other phone
    06-14-08 04:04 AM
    Sprint covers everything but tethering on its Simply Everything plan. It's the ONLY reason I'm with them!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-08 04:09 AM
    I feel your pain and say "ouch" every month when I pay our cell phone bill but;

I am more relaxed since I got a Blackberry. Everything (well, not everything) I need to know is on that little device instead of scribbled on the back of grocery store receipts, and a pocket calendar and a wall calendar. It's all in one place and that gives me peace of mind. It's also fun. I work hard being a mom to these four children and darn it, I deserve a fun Blackberry!

Yes, I've thought long and hard to justify that extra $30.00 per month.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you.
    06-14-08 04:14 AM
    yeah verizon is kinda $$$ my bill is 230 every month.... 2 bb's, 1 windows mobile, unlimited txt and pic, 1400 minutes shared... yuck for the bill
    06-14-08 05:45 AM
    close to $100 bucks here,but it is put to good use so worth it,****ty it didint work out for ya
    06-14-08 05:49 AM
    Wow, for once Canada was cheaper...with my berry and his katana, both with unlimited data and individual plans, our cell bill is $130 a month - 2 phones for what you were paying.

06-14-08 05:54 AM
    Switch to T-Mobile. The price is right

06-14-08 06:06 AM
    Yea Verizon is a little more "healthy" on pricing. I have unlimited data, 900min, 500text, plus broadband unlimited pc card for my laptop so I'm running right around $175 per month... But hey, thats my phone, texting and unlimited data for both my BB and laptop... We all value our "entertainment" differently. I'm single, no kids...so I love it.
    06-14-08 07:33 AM
    Sprint covers everything but tethering on its Simply Everything plan. It's the ONLY reason I'm with them!

actually, I set up tethering via bluetooth and USB last week and it works fine. I pay just the 99 dollars a month.
    06-14-08 07:44 AM

yeah i pay $160 a month for 2 phones (1bb 1sk) with all the options
    i have 1000 mins and my homie has 3000
    06-14-08 07:59 AM
    Att is pretty good. Switch to them.

06-14-08 08:02 AM
    AT&T

My wife and I share 1400 minutes, unlimited text and data. We are both law enforcement. Me Federal, her State. We get dual discounts.

$125 a month after monthly discount.
    06-14-08 08:16 AM
    We pay about $250/mo for a family share plan- four lines (one with a blackberry- me of course ) and three regular phones with extra options- texting on all of them, internet on a couple...so I think about $63/person per month is pretty reasonable with Verizon especially considering the great service we get.

Sorry it didn't work out for ya
    06-14-08 08:27 AM
    from Verizon I have 450 minutes, unlimited IN text, 500 out of verizon, and the $30 BIS plan. It's like $75.
    06-14-08 08:27 AM
    oh ya i forgot, lynchhay is smokin!
    06-14-08 08:29 AM
    Wow, we have T-mobile and with my BB (BIS unlimited) and 2 other phones sharing 1000min the bill is only $110/month! Markland, if you flip to T-mobile you can get 1000 min, Free night/weekend and your BB for maybe $70/month.

06-14-08 09:38 AM
    QUOTE:
    axxman
    actually, I set up tethering via bluetooth and USB last week and it works fine. I pay just the 99 dollars a month.
    -------------------------------------
    How did u set this up? Thanks

06-14-08 12:31 PM

Yes it is.

If you don't really talk on the phone during the day that much, then you can get some extremely cheap plans. And of course your top priority people you can put their numbers in your "MyFaves" (up to 5 numbers). You can call them any time of the day, doesn't matter what carrier they are using, even if it's a land-line, the unlimited data is 19.99 and unlimited text is 14.99, before taxes my bill is 85.00. I have like 300 anytime minutes I think, which I rarely use, lol.
    06-14-08 02:12 PM
    I could never give up my BB. No returning to a regular phone. I try to get everyone to get a BB now. I'm a BlackBerry Pusher.

Sorry it didn't work out...

What phone are your getting now?
    06-14-08 03:30 PM
    Verizon is definitely pricey, but also consider that you get what you pay for. I have had nothing but fabulous luck with Verizon's service, and have heard nothing but good things.

BUT - my Berry is a huge part of my life, so to me it is worth the expense. However, for others who just simply need a plain old cell phone, I would say having a Blackberry on Verizon is definitely not the way to go, as far as cost is concerned.
    06-14-08 03:33 PM
    Sorry bro!! I pay $110 at ATT for unl data and 600 mins

06-14-08 03:36 PM
    I pay $46 for 1000 at mins, $30 for the BB pack, and I have free pick 3on Sprint, Couldn't be happier.
    Last edited by Bodyart; 06-14-08 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Forgot to add, I'm only paying $15 a month more for my Berry!
    06-14-08 06:11 PM
    Sprint now has the everything plan for 99.... I think it's a pretty decent deal if you can put up with their crappy CS.

06-14-08 06:40 PM
    My only problem with Sprint and Verizon was the coverage where I live.

Had Sprint for 7 years and coverage is alright.
    Verizon we tried for 3 weeks. AMAZING customer service, but coverage was bad. There was a 40 minute loss of signal on a section of major road where we live. Keep dropping calls IN our house. Unacceptable

AT&T's coverage is remarkable. There hasn't been a place yet where I didn't have at least 3 bars. My parents both live WAY out in the country and they have AT&T and get signal. Ultimately, you take away all the bells and whistles, the phone still needs to function as a phone.
    06-14-08 07:15 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD