It's an 8310.

It does not have an SD card, and all I want to do is get the photos off of it (no data plan, so I can't email them).

Hook it up to PC (Win 7 x64)... Not auto detected.
    OK, so I installed Desktop Manager and Media Manager...
    It detects the device (suggests updates, etc), but still nothing in Windows Explorer.
    So I launch Media Manager, and it requests to make sure Mass Storage mode is on (it is) and to put in an SD card...

How do I get the photos off of this thing?
    I seem to recall on my 9000 that it'd just mount the internal in Windows to where I could easily grab the files but that doesn't seem to be happening here...
    07-22-10 02:49 PM
    You can enable Mass media mode. Menu/Options/Memory. On my curve it is set up as follows: Compression/Enabled, Media Card Support/On, Mass Storage Support/ On, Auto Enable Mass Storage Support When Connected/Yes. Now when you connect to a PC it should see your berry as a removable disk. And a new drive letter, ie: Drive F: Also there is now no need to use DM or MM to transfer files. Just explore, drag and drop. For my curve I found by having the compression enabled I have no glitches playing larger files.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by albee 1; 07-22-10 at 04:01 PM.
    07-22-10 03:58 PM
    That's how I have mine set but it doesn't mount it in Windows Explorer at all.
    07-22-10 04:32 PM
    How about if you wait and let it get recognized, it should ask if you want to view files. Then it comes up in windows explorer.

07-22-10 04:37 PM
    An SD casrd is the only thing you can pull anything off of. No SD card no way to get pics. Internal memory is not detected as a drive.
    07-22-10 04:51 PM
    Mass Storage Mode does NOT work for the device memory.

You MUST use Roxio Media Manager to access the device memory via a computer.

Windows 7 is wonky with BlackBerry applications sometimes. Can you get access to a different computer with a different OS?

It might be easier to get a Media Card and use the device software to move them internally.
    07-22-10 05:56 PM
    A small sd card (does that BB accommodate them?) is pretty cheap and might simplify your task.

Otherwise you need the version of Desktop Manager with the Roxio Media component. You run that and it allows access to INTERNAL memory - I just used it today.
    07-22-10 08:20 PM
    When I plug my Bold 9000 into my computer my internal Memory and Media Card both show up a separate drives. I can drag and drop files to and from both places.

Another idea would be to just email them to yourself and grab them using Outlook our web mail from your PC.

07-22-10 09:05 PM
    When I plug my Bold 9000 into my computer my internal Memory and Media Card both show up a separate drives. I can drag and drop files to and from both places.

Another idea would be to just email them to yourself and grab them using Outlook our web mail from your PC.
    The Curve 83xx doesn't have that kind of internal memory.

The ONLY WAY to access the device memory on the 8310 from a computer is to use Roxio Media Manager.
    07-22-10 09:39 PM
    Motorcycle, you responded:

The ONLY WAY to access the device memory on the 8310 from a computer is to use Roxio Media Manager.
    to the prior post

"When I plug my Bold 9000 into my computer my internal Memory and Media Card both show up a separate drives. I can drag and drop files to and from both places.

Another idea would be to just email them to yourself and grab them using Outlook our web mail from your PC."

Which BB's do allow direct access to INTERNAL memory? I've the 9650 and only the SD card shows up. Although, as I recall when I first got it and before registering it, I believe it did show up but have no idea why/how? Is there some setting on the BB or does it depend on the computer?
    07-22-10 10:43 PM

That sucks, because when I open it up it starts prompting me for needing an SD card installed for Media Manager to apparently run...
    If I've got Media Manager running why on earth do I need an SD card?

This reminds me of something Apple would do.
    07-23-10 10:52 AM
    Do you have bluetooth on your computer?
    07-23-10 07:45 PM
    Why don't you just buy an SD card? They are pretty cheap. You can move the pictures to the card and then you should them be able to access it via Mass Storage.

You can also just email them to another email address and download them using web mail on your PC (as I stated earlier)

07-24-10 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD