The iPhone doesn't even have an LED. Are you kidding me?! It's 2012 and they don't have ongoing visual alerts. Haha. I don't know how that's accetable.
    You can use the camera LED, but I agree. I think the new iPhone should definitely have an LED alert on the front.
    Last edited by avt123; 04-25-12 at 09:33 AM.
    04-25-12 09:14 AM
    Wow who/what is this MBA garbage and how are they a remotely credible source?

Apple is a terrible company. Before fanboys jump on me in their defence though, they're terrible people. Steve Jobs was a terrible person and I guess he got what he deserved - that's my opinion at least! If he was a good person at ALL, he would still be alive. I mean, look at Magic Johnson - right?!
    What an utterly ridiculous silly post...

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    04-25-12 09:44 AM
    Thats right - I forgot. A loss of 4 million users for RIM is WAAAAAAAAAY worse than 4 million users lost for Apple. What was I thinking.
    Apple didn't lose 4 million users. You should try reading the report again.

brucep1 likes this.
    04-25-12 09:45 AM
    Let's look at that sales per quarter graph. Looks like Apple has an issue as well.
    Care to elaborate? Apple is still an attractive buy at its current level.

04-25-12 09:56 AM
    What an utterly ridiculous silly post...

I don't like Steve Jobs and I disagree with all of the praise he receives. The rest of the post was a tangent. Shame on me for forgetting that forums blow things completely out of proportion!
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    04-25-12 09:59 AM

Apple is a terrible company. Before fanboys jump on me in their defence though, they're terrible people. Steve Jobs was a terrible person and I guess he got what he deserved - that's my opinion at least! If he was a good person at ALL, he would still be alive. I mean, look at Magic Johnson - right?!
    As the saying goes, "only the good die young".

Also, Steve didn't die because he was a bad person, Steve died because he made bad decisions regarding his health. I remember reading he had a form of cancer that was very rare, but could have been dealt with and he still could have been alive.

It's also disgusting that you think someone deserved to die. You say Apple and the people there are all terrible human beings, but with a comment like the one you made, you're either worse or not too far off.
    04-25-12 10:05 AM

Wait, didn't Magic contract the virus while cheating on his wife?

And didn't he also use his vast resources to seek treatment in places like Europe and Asia where certain treatments are approved yet banned here by the FDA(which brings up a another issue altogether)?

Live a exemplary life my friend. Or one day you'll get what YOU deserve.
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    04-25-12 10:05 AM
    You should try reading the report again.

He can't read. He doesn't have eyes.
    brucep1 likes this.
    04-25-12 10:06 AM
    All I was saying was Apple fights dirty. The rest of it was a joke, so spare me the indignant yammering please! I would edit my post since I didn't think about how many people would cry inside and post a response to show their moral awesomeness but alas, it has been "quoted" too many times in posts.
    04-25-12 10:09 AM
    The dead will rise.
    Yeah we only need one device to come back as a Hologram with a twitter account and everyone will be talking about BlackBerry again.
    brucep1 likes this.
    04-25-12 10:10 AM
    I don't like Steve Jobs and I disagree with all of the praise he receives. The rest of the post was a tangent. Shame on me for forgetting that forums blow things completely out of proportion!
    Actually, shame on others for taking you at your word. Who actually means what they say these days anyway?

I would think that you didn't know Steve Jobs to like or dislike him in any personal way.

Maybe what you meant to say(and pardon me for trying to help you out here) is that you didn't ADMIRE Jobs the way many others did.

1000th Post!

Elvis has left the building!!!
    04-25-12 10:17 AM
    All I was saying was Apple fights dirty. The rest of it was a joke, so spare me the indignant yammering please! I would edit my post since I didn't think about how many people would cry inside and post a response to show their moral awesomeness but alas, it has been "quoted" too many times in posts.
    Don't waffle.
    04-25-12 10:20 AM
    The iPhone doesn't even have an LED. Are you kidding me?! It's 2012 and they don't have ongoing visual alerts. Haha. I don't know how that's accetable.
    THIS!

Like, I cant believe they STILL havent put this on a phone yet, it really amazes me.

When I had my iPhone, I couldn't believe how something so small can make such a BIG difference. I missed the led alerts so much!
    04-25-12 10:20 AM
    Anyone keeping score? Who is winning? Can I get a highlight reel?
    04-25-12 10:21 AM
    Steve Jobs was a terrible person and I guess he got what he deserved - that's my opinion at least! If he was a good person at ALL, he would still be alive.
    All I was saying was Apple fights dirty.
    I'm not quite sure I've ever seen someone backpedal so fast.
    Yaceka likes this.
    04-25-12 10:22 AM
    You didn't think people would read that and think you sound like an asshat? Interesting.

Joking about how people deserve to die isn't funny if you're a terrible comedian.
    Last edited by avt123; 04-25-12 at 10:26 AM.
    Yaceka likes this.
    04-25-12 10:23 AM
    That artcile/picture was on the money. When I speak of BB people laugh and think I'm joking. Shame because BB7 has a great OS but people don't care about that.
    bigbmc26 and Yaceka like this.
    04-25-12 10:36 AM
    Sorry guys, I don't see any lies in there. In fact it's a pretty good depiction of events. It's a history time line. No mention of what the future may hold, which is what this forum is all about.
    I think that Thor clearly recognizes reality, no reason why we should not also.

That's not an admission of defeat, you must know where you have been and where you are, before you can intelligently move forward.
    04-25-12 10:44 AM
    I'm not quite sure I've ever seen someone backpedal so fast.
    yes I did. I have better things to do than get my a**hole ripped open in a thread I don't even care about.

Am I sorry? No. Do I regret posting what I posted? Yes!
    04-25-12 10:46 AM
    He can't read. He doesn't have eyes.
    Lol..

04-25-12 10:47 AM
    I agree. The graph is right on. RIM needs to do some business process re engineering ASAP.

Times are changing, innovation needs to be a priority of theirs now as well as improvement in quality, speed, partnerships!
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-25-12 10:47 AM
    I haven't read this whole thread through, but has anyone else noticed that fall off in sales of the iPhone? Would be interesting to see what happened with the Android and WP platforms at that same time.

Also, again RIM was not losing money up until this last quarter when they issued one time right downs and made acquisitions as well which made everything look worse. Other handset makers are in much worse shape than them right now.
    04-25-12 10:59 AM
    Source: The World's Most Innovative Companies, "BusinessWeek, 2008."

This explains a little.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 04-25-12 at 11:19 AM.
    04-25-12 11:15 AM
    Apple would have to stop selling units and BlackBerry would have to open 19 full production plants to even begin to sell what Apple does. Anyone can take a snap shot from last year and attach anything they want to it. Fact is, iOS beat last years numbers Q1, and they have surpassed analysts expectations so far.

When APPL stocks crap out to $13.00 a share, you can post till your heart is content.

Save it for the iMore forums.
    The point isn't that Apple sells more or is doing better, the point is that 4 million lost users are 4 million lost users.
    04-25-12 12:19 PM
    The point isn't that Apple sells more or is doing better, the point is that 4 million lost users are 4 million lost users.
    It's not 4 million lost users.

The graph shows quarterly shipments. Shipping 4 million less units than the previous quarter has no relevance on lost users.
    04-25-12 12:41 PM
91 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD