Hi, I was curious to see how Gmail works with BIS 2.6

I removed my Gmail account then I:

1) Enabled IMAP in Gmail and set up the account again in BIS using the old non-user friendly method to see how it would be. Is the same as it ever was, Deleted Items and Sent Items labels redirect stuff, etc.

2) Removed the account again, and re-added it using the 'normal' method without having to monkey with server names. It now supports 'read' status from the BB to Gmail. Delete puts deleted in the trash. Sent mail from the blackberry goes into the Sent folder. You do not need to set up a filter to stop emails you wrote from being sent back to you. No need for the special labels anymore.

So overall, a much needed improvement. What is interesting is that it re-enables POP3 if you have it turned off. The testing was conducted with IMAP on also.

What I wonder about now is that in the course of my testing I selected 'view folder' and I seem to see 3 Inboxes and 3 Spam folders. 2 of the inboxes are empty. I am not sure why I have 3.
    03-21-09 01:16 PM
    Is there a way to know what is the BIS version from my provider?
    03-21-09 01:28 PM
    All of the Americas were updated. You're 2.6. Go ahead and delete your gmail account and re-add it and notice it works better.
    03-21-09 01:49 PM
    I added one account I didnt have on my BB for testing, then resent all the service books for all my accounts. I was able to remove the filter blocking the sent emails from showing up on my account that I just resent the service books to without deleting it and recreating it. So far so good.
    03-21-09 01:54 PM
    Tech, are you saying that now POP3 with gmail will now sync delted and read items between the device and gmail online account? I started using IMAP for this but there is a delay of a few minutes in my email.
    03-21-09 01:55 PM
    No delay receiving email (got my mail every 3 mins before), look like it still doesn't sync read from gmail to the BB...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 01:57 PM
    I had no delay when I was using POP but on IMAP its about 5 minutes.
    03-21-09 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD