Hi folks!

In a couple of days I will leave country. Unfortunately the BB traffic is VERY expensive while roaming.

I would like to know if there is any option or third-party app that will allow me to block all internet access for all the apps, except mail.

Briefly, I want to allow only the e-mail client to make internet traffic. All the other apps (Facebook, Twitter, Y!M, BBM, etc) should not have internet access.

So...any tips please?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Razva; 06-22-11 at 04:32 AM.
    06-22-11 04:24 AM
    Just disable auto refreshing and you should be good to go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-11 04:35 AM
    For bbm, the only way would be to uninstall it...too painful for me to even suggest.

06-22-11 04:36 AM
    Aha, I started a thread about this, just reboot into safe mode, that ensures all apps are completely off.

To reboot into safe mode hold down the back button until the reboot process starts.

The reason safe mode exists - if an app gives you errors and freezes your phone you can reboot into safe mode where you can then delete the problem app.

By the way, roaming bb data is no more expensive then any other platform, it's all the same.

Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 06-22-11 at 06:09 AM.
    06-22-11 06:04 AM
    Thanks for your fast replies!

Excluding the "disable Facebook/Twitter auto-refresh", do I have any other options? Any third party or option to disable internet access for an app?

Regarding costs, seems that BB traffic costs 4eur/1mb, and "normal" traffic costs 4eur/10mb. So it's...ehm...10 times more expensive. At least here in Romania/Orange.
    06-22-11 03:28 PM
    Thanks for your fast replies!

Excluding the "disable Facebook/Twitter auto-refresh", do I have any other options? Any third party or option to disable internet access for an app?

Regarding costs, seems that BB traffic costs 4eur/1mb, and "normal" traffic costs 4eur/10mb. So it's...ehm...10 times more expensive. At least here in Romania/Orange.
    Everything is back to front in Romania, I should know

Why dont you just delete the apps you don't want to use, you can always reinstall them.
    06-22-11 06:53 PM
    You could simply keep data services off then turn it on for 15 minutes and receive and read/respond to your mail, then turn it back off again. Menu/Options/Mobile Network-Data Services:Off.

06-22-11 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD