Hi guys, I'm after a little help.

I'm desperately trying to find a video recording I took on my old Storm2 before I sold it in 2010. I know I made numerous back ups to Desktop Manager for Mac when I had it. I was searching my mac hard drive all night for the video and came up with nothing! so my last hope is that it's saved on one of the backups I did around that time.

Now, I have access to a BB; its my dads 8900. My question is, will I be able to restore the old storm2 backups to the 8900? using desktop manager for mac? and will the backup include any media(video) stored on the memory card at the time?

Its been a while since I played around with BB's, its amazing how quickly you forget things.

Thanks
    11-15-11 06:08 AM
    Try to restore the files, install the software and see if you got the video with your backup. it will be there if you have a backup of the videos and media files of your Blackberry storm..
    11-15-11 07:12 AM
    Haha that is hard for us to tell it mate.
    Don't know what you backed-up in that time, so it's really hard for
    Us to tell how to do. Since you're the only one that have backed-up,
    And might know where it is. I hope it's not an home-made something haha
    But you should try and look around if the back-up is still there and
    Might contain your precious video recording.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Huh what!?!..in English please lol

I thought my question was pretty clear to understand...

Using desktop manager for mac, will I be able to restore an old storm2 backup to an 8900? and will a backup include any media(video) stored on the memory card at the time?
    11-15-11 07:15 AM
    Try to restore the files, install the software and see if you got the video with your backup. it will be there if you have a backup of the videos and media files of your Blackberry storm..
    So basically, connect the 8900 and just click restore and select the backup? I'll be happy if its that simple

...and there wont be any conflicts with the files coming from a Storm2, going to a 8900? I believe they are both running the same OS, which was 4 or 5.
    Last edited by The Gift; 11-15-11 at 07:22 AM.
    11-15-11 07:19 AM
    Just plug in the BB and do a Selective backup from the file you have saved. Just choose media files. No need to restore the entire backup.
    11-15-11 07:51 AM
    Just plug in the BB and do a Selective backup from the file you have saved. Just choose media files. No need to restore the entire backup.
    Cool, I'll try that when I get home from work. Fingers crossed it works.
    11-15-11 09:09 AM
    Well, i just tried to restore an old backup...and although the procedure went smoothly, it doesn't seem to have restored any media files therefore all I get back is my old profile settings, messages etc

I always thought doing a full backup would save everything stored on the phone, including media card contents
    Last edited by The Gift; 11-15-11 at 03:59 PM. Reason: clarification
    11-15-11 03:50 PM
    Well, i just tried to restore an old backup...and although the procedure went smoothly, it doesn't seem to have restored any media files therefore all I get back is my old profile settings, messages etc

I always thought doing a full backup would save everything stored on the phone, including media card contents
    A full backup does NOT backup your media card.
    11-15-11 06:43 PM
    A full backup does NOT backup your media card.
    Unfortunately I know this now...
    11-16-11 06:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD