Hello,

I just got my 9900 and I am trying to restore my contact list remotely. Prior to initiating that, I checked on my 9780 whether or not I have them remotely backed up and out of the 3 emails I have, 1 said Registered.

I am using this same e-mail to remotely retrieve the contact list, however it's been over 2 hours now and still nothing happened. It just says that the email has been sent and it's waiting...

I did check my Hotmail and I cannot find the bbm e-mail that is usually received. It's not in the junk folder.

Any recommendations as to why this might be happening?

Thanks
    08-23-11 06:28 PM
    Hello,

I just got my 9900 and I am trying to restore my contact list remotely. Prior to initiating that, I checked on my 9780 weather or not I have them remotely backed up and out of the 3 emails I have, 1 said Registered.

I am using this same e-mail to remotely retrieve the contact list, however it's been over 2 hours now and still nothing happened. It just says that the email has been sent and it's waiting...

I did check my Hotmail and I cannot find the bbm e-mail that is usually received. It's not in the junk folder.

Any recommendations as to why this might be happening?

Thanks
    Do you have gmail because if you do why not just restore it from there?

Do you have backup assistant like VZW offers where you can backup any contacts you add and then install the app on ther new device and restore from there?

The other way is by using your DM and doing the device switch should restore your contact list also. I would think any 3 of these wouldwork if you have them available to you. Good luck.
    08-23-11 06:53 PM
    Are you referring to your BBM contact list? If so, have you tried storing to the SD card and then retrieving it from there when you put it in the new device?
    08-23-11 07:09 PM
    The 3 accounts are Yahoo, Gmail and Hotmail.

For some weird reason, Gmail and Yahoo wouldn't "register" as backups, I've tried on my 9780 several times. The only backup that would work is the Hotmail one, that's why I am using it.

As for restoring locally (either by SD or switch device) that would would work however all the contacts I'd get would be unadded. That means, I'd have to add every single contact again and they would have 2 of me, as opposed to the remote restore where they would have only one.

Anyway, I think I am going with the local restore as the remote is just taking far too long.

Thanks though.
    08-23-11 07:13 PM
    That would be your best bet.
    08-23-11 07:29 PM
    Last time I switched between BB I never had to use the manual restore point. Doesn't it automatically register your new BB(after activating the phone with your carrier) and automatically update the BBM contact list/groups?
    08-23-11 07:52 PM
    Last time I switched between BB I never had to use the manual restore point. Doesn't it automatically register your new BB(after activating the phone with your carrier) and automatically update the BBM contact list/groups?
    Not to my knowledge. You would have to go to Options, Backup and there request that it does the backup remotely.
    08-23-11 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD