I backed up my data on bb protect from a bb i had. And now i want to put that data on my new bb. Can anybody advise me on how to do this? I no longer have the original bb, so all I have is the info i backed up from it on bb protect.com
    03-20-12 10:06 AM
    I backed up my data on bb protect from a bb i had. And now i want to put that data on my new bb. Can anybody advise me on how to do this? I no longer have the original bb, so all I have is the info i backed up from it on bb protect.com
    Did you try downloading the app onto your new blackberry. I've never actually used the app before so I'm not sure how it works, but coming from a person that has had to switch through many blackberrys I do know that if you sign into an app with the same sign in email and password that you used on the old phone it should pull up all your info you had on there. For example, I re-downloaded Pandora on my new blackberry and signed in with my account email and password and it pulled up all the playlists that I had on my old phone. This works like this because any accounts on any apps hold your info to your account not the phone. This may be very confusing, so if it is just let me know what you're confused about and ill try to clear it up lol
    03-20-12 10:25 AM
    Your Blackberry ID will access your backed up information. It will know you have a different device and just double check if you want to restore the info to the new device. Then let her do the deed. fairly seamless wen I went from 8310 to a 9810.
    03-20-12 12:05 PM
    I seem to remember reading that you have to set up your email account on the new phone first. Then you can set up BB Protect and restore the data from the old phone to the new one.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    03-20-12 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD