the pearl 8130 needs to have a better way to reset the phone when it acts up other than a battery pull. I have an otterbox and it is a pain to do. The main reason i have to do this is because when the signal goes down to 1x my BB messenger doesnt work, and when i go back into strong signal strength it wont go to 1XEV. any ideas on that one?
    04-20-08 11:11 AM
    Use softreset application can get it from here:
    geek and proud - BlackBerry Software
    04-20-08 11:12 AM
    ok but after i download this how do i install it. im new to the BB world
    04-20-08 11:34 AM
    It is an OTA download it will install after you download it.
    04-20-08 11:35 AM
    You want to open the link up from your BB NOT your computer. There's an "Over the Air" link (OTA) on that page that you click and it automatically opens the application up within your BB.
    04-20-08 12:16 PM
    Use alt,caps key, and del key at same time to give your BB a soft reset.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-08 12:30 PM
    Use alt,caps key, and del key at same time to give your BB a soft reset.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I still haven't figured out an easy way how to get all 3 Keys with my fingers as yet. Battery pull is so much easier for me.
    04-20-08 08:52 PM
    Its hard to do so you dont press those particular keys in error. Its better to use it than the battery pull because you will be taking a chance of messing up the gold contacts.
    04-20-08 08:58 PM
    I still haven't figured out an easy way how to get all 3 Keys with my fingers as yet. Battery pull is so much easier for me.
    I agree. I've never been able to actually get the "soft reset" to work using these three keys.
    04-20-08 09:01 PM
    which caps key are ya using, it wont work with the left caps, but alt , right caps, del will soft reset the phone, this only works on qwerty phones, and 2nd thing to note is you might have to do it twice.
    04-20-08 09:09 PM
    Thanks wabbit! I was using the left not the right...
    04-20-08 09:14 PM
    Thanks wabbit! I was using the left not the right...
    I had this same issue. Glad you got it worked out. Welcome toCB
    04-20-08 09:15 PM
    Its hard to do so you dont press those particular keys in error. Its better to use it than the battery pull because you will be taking a chance of messing up the gold contacts.
    How can you mess up the Contacts? by pulling the battery and replacing it does no harm whatsoever on the contacts. Apart from getting the contacts dirty, which I doubt just by pulling the Battery for a Minute, there is hardly any harm to the contacts whatsoever.
    04-20-08 11:22 PM
    My coworker did just form not being careful. I am not saying that you will if you take your time some people just force the battery back in without taking their time.
    04-21-08 12:03 AM
    My coworker did just form not being careful. I am not saying that you will if you take your time some people just force the battery back in without taking their time.
    I think if you don't take your time, then you may ruin the whole phone.

The battery has to seat itself in the indention to be able to slide back into the Blackberry's battery pocket.

If you ruin the gold contacts as far back as they are, then, uh, your on restriction...

Almost hard to hurt the contacts as far back as they are... I have a 8310 and a 8800. I don't know what the 8130 looks like (battery contacts).

msblueline
    04-21-08 02:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD