BlackBerry needs to do a number of things (what must BlackBerry do thread) to survive and gain market share. But here is what I'd request Kevin to do.

CB team - you could really publicly (sort of) challenge them. Here is a list of 50 requests coming from end-users, sorted in order of priority, can you prove you are listening to your customers? Implement them in next 30-90 days. Release 10 or so features every 30 days.

I think if BlackBerry did just this one thing (focus on customers, give them what they want), they'd get biggest bang for buck.

Give your customers what they want, and watch them sell on your behalf. Happy customers will sell like hell! There is no better (and cheaper and more effective) marketing than your existing customers selling for you!

Yes - BlackBerry is working on 10.2, BlackBerry is bringing new features. But you are missing the point - BlackBerry is working on whatever it thinks customers want. Most of the time, they do a good job of guessing what customers want. But they also miss quite a bit.

Case in point - customers have been asking for advanced-notifications feature for 4+ months now and it's still not there.

CB Team can you make a list of 50 or so feature requests (in order of most requested to least requested), give it to BlackBerry and publicly ask (challenge) them to prove that they ARE listening to their customers by implementing this list?

If something can't be implemented, they should provide clear explanation of why/when.

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    Last edited by chrysaurora; 07-05-13 at 02:13 PM.
    Qaxl, alcapone89 and Corbu like this.
    07-05-13 02:03 PM
    Agree to the point that yes, we are the cheapest marketing strategy that they have. And also the cheapest beta testers.

Subscribing to this thread, hope Kevin reaches out as well.

This signature was swiped up from the Z10's sexy keyboard.
    07-05-13 02:06 PM
    Release 10 or so features every 30 days.
    Be nice if that could happen but the quality assurance on all that would likely be crap. Plus BlackBerry even saying they are releasing 10 features every 30 days would then be followed by BlackBerry explaining why they are missing the "deadlines".
    digitalman101 likes this.
    07-05-13 02:19 PM
    Be nice if that could happen but the quality assurance on all that would likely be crap. Plus BlackBerry even saying they are releasing 10 features every 30 days would then be followed by BlackBerry explaining why they are missing the "deadlines".
    They can always say they are "committed" to releasing 10 features every 30 days. Seems to have worked in the past.
    07-05-13 02:20 PM
    You are splitting hair. It could be 5 features every 30 days. It could be 20 features in 60 days. It could be whatever. Point is that, someone like Kevin could publicly ask (sort of challenge) them.

Kevin or someone could be like - here is a list of features that your end users want. Prioritize them. Tell us what feature can we expect when. Show us that you ARE listening to your customers. Prove it.

Don't just develop features on your own time table. Prioritize features in this list. Do them first. Do them now. Give customers what they are asking for!

Here is the list of 50 items, what's the status of each item? Give Kevin weekly status updates or something. Basically, prove that you are taking it seriously. That's the overall idea.

07-05-13 02:33 PM
    Why not get all of the CBers who own shares vote for Kevin to be on the Board of Directors.
    Then your voice will be heard.
    southlander likes this.
    07-05-13 02:37 PM
    You and everyone else should do this survey.......

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ice-heard.html
    web99 and Kris Simundson like this.
    07-05-13 02:38 PM
    From what I've seen in 10.2 I'd say let BlackBerry do their thing, if by full roll out of BlackBerry 10.2 things are missing than yes by all means I agree with what your saying
    pkcable likes this.
    07-05-13 02:38 PM
    07-05-13 02:41 PM
    Can Kevin also meet with the carriers and discuss their software distribution issues?

Come on people. Really?

And follow PKCable's advice. Take the survey. You want to be heard? That's one way.
    pkcable and irweezyy like this.
    07-05-13 02:43 PM
    I did the survey, but would be interesting what the CB team could really do... besides provide community collected feedback!

Swiped On My Zed10
    07-05-13 02:44 PM
    In BBRY's current state of needing to replace some part of so much previously lost market share, it might be a great idea to have a frequently updated features roadmap posted somewhere (very) publicly.

Imagine every page on their website with a big banner or splash saying:
    "See what BlackBerry 10 can do and what new features are coming!" (Or something like that.)

The downside is what they just learned from the no-BB10-for-PB episode: BB users may just freak out if an intended feature doesn't happen.

Still I think the potential reward outweighs the risk right now.
    pkcable likes this.
    07-05-13 02:50 PM
    1. Yeah, I've already done the survey.
    2. Kevin and CB team (I am sure) already forward lot of feature-requests etc to BlackBerry privately. I tweet BlackBerry folks and they sometimes reply back too.

But what I am suggesting here for Kevin and CB team is to up the ante - do it publicly. Here is OUR prioritized list of top 50 requests. Prove to us that you are LISTENING to your customers by implementing this list.

No vague commitments, no evasive answers. Here is the list. So, what's the status of request number # 20? What about # 35? Kevin or someone should get those sort of updates on weekly basis or something.

BlackBerry would then have to prove it by doing it! If they don't, they will risk embarrassment in media. It'd be public after all.
    pkcable and Qaxl like this.
    07-05-13 02:56 PM
    Yep I partially agree with this OP but it important for everyone to take the survey. CB will consolidate the results and share it with BlackBerry.

I just hope Kevin makes Thor sit down and read the results. They are loud and clear coming from every day users of BlackBerrys.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 03:17 PM
    Best article I have read so far. Here is an abstract from it;

The firm is out of time here. Wall Street has given up and this isn't Wall Street's fault. It's BlackBerry's. They have refused to get out in front of the market with their strengths, they're running advertising that is "feel good" instead of showcasing the very real and powerful differencesthat makes the product better than anyof their competitors and they're allowing carriers to ship four-plusmonth oldfirmware that has been twicesuperseded with both new features and significantbug fixes.

http://www.istockanalyst.com/finance...to-get-serious

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 03:30 PM
    I've never seen whatever list of 50 things, so I never voted. I like Kevin's survey better, and I did vote there.
    07-05-13 03:31 PM
    I just hope Kevin makes Thor sit down and read the results
    Posted via CB10
    I didn't realize Kevin had all of that power.

Crackberry Kevin, are you going to make Thorsten Heins, CEO of BlackBerry, sit down and read the results?
    07-05-13 03:43 PM
    OP I'm sorry but you don't realize that CB does not represent the average user and what we want is probably different than what is actually going to get Joe consumers to buy the phone which is what they need to survive. Selling into the CB community is not enough to have a viable business.
    irweezyy and CairnsRock like this.
    07-05-13 04:50 PM
    OP I'm sorry but you don't realize that CB does not represent the average user and what we want is probably different than what is actually going to get Joe consumers to buy the phone which is what they need to survive. Selling into the CB community is not enough to have a viable business.
    Well, if they give us what we want, we are going to be happy and we are going to spread word of mouth.

We are gold mine for BlackBerry marketing! Lots of fans on this site. Give us what we want, and we'll sell for you. It makes sense to develop based on what we want.

I see your point in the sense that I can see how our requests might be different from average consumers but they can't be different by much. If anything, there are only going to be subtle difference in priority order.

07-05-13 05:30 PM
    You are splitting hair. It could be 5 features every 30 days. It could be 20 features in 60 days. It could be whatever. Point is that, someone like Kevin could publicly ask (sort of challenge) them.

Kevin or someone could be like - here is a list of features that your end users want. Prioritize them. Tell us what feature can we expect when. Show us that you ARE listening to your customers. Prove it.

Don't just develop features on your own time table. Prioritize features in this list. Do them first. Do them now. Give customers what they are asking for!

Here is the list of 50 items, what's the status of each item? Give Kevin weekly status updates or something. Basically, prove that you are taking it seriously. That's the overall idea.

I hear ya. But at least here on CrackBerry every utterance from BlackBerry is seemingly taken as a promise. I'd say BlackBerry is asking for trouble to publicly commit to things like that. No software company does this. Or can you name one that commits to x features in x days?
    07-05-13 07:23 PM
    I have filled out surveys for RIM. At that time it was for the Playbook. The questions were like kevin's recent survey.

Ex. How do you rate this, how do you rate that.

Which of the following features would you like the most. Which features do you dislike the most. They listened and the features came in future updates

There was also a general comment section.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 07:56 PM
    I hear ya. But at least here on CrackBerry every utterance from BlackBerry is seemingly taken as a promise. I'd say BlackBerry is asking for trouble to publicly commit to things like that. No software company does this. Or can you name one that commits to x features in x days?
    Yeah, well, BlackBerry seems to think that by giving evasive answers ('coming before end of summer', 'coming early next year', 'coming first quarter') they are avoiding 'commitment' trap. What they don't realize is that such evasive/non-committal answers serve to further frustrate their customers, well wishers and analysts!

I rather have them commit to something solid/concrete. If you are going to miss your commitment, communicate it out in advance. But above all, do your best to not over-commit in the first place.

07-05-13 09:22 PM
    We should get wrist bands with WWCKD on then. Standing for What Would CrackBerry Kevin Do? That is what would he do if he was BlackBerry CEO!
    07-05-13 09:34 PM
    We should get wrist bands with WWCKD on then. Standing for What Would CrackBerry Kevin Do? That is what would he do if he was BlackBerry CEO!
    Lol.
    Don't poke the bear - is that a reference to Emett book?

07-05-13 10:11 PM
    In CB Kevin, I trust.
    In Thorsten Heins, I don't.
    CB Kevin - I hope he becomes the activist shareholder that changes BlackBerry's fortunes! I would hate for my favorite 'keyboard' manufacturing company to die off.

CB Kevin, save BlackBerry! Don't just be a blogger, be an activist!

BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    07-05-13 10:58 PM
34 12