I'm currently using a Bold 9650 and have found a reasonable deal for a 9850. I love my 9650. Among the questions I have about the switch, it occurred to me that I have a set of core apps that I use regularly. Some are free, and some were complementary from RIM based on the outage last fall.

My app list is as follows:

AP Mobile
    Bejewled (Complementary paid app)
    Blackberry Bridge
    Blackberry Messenger
    Blackberry News
    Blackberry Protect
    Blackberry Traffic
    Blackberry Travel
    Crackberry Forums (of course)
    Facebook
    Fancy Speed Test
    iHeartRadio
    Nobex Radio Premium (Complementary - Heavily used)
    Photo Editor Ultimate (Complementary)
    Poynt
    Shazam Encore (Complementary)
    Sims 3 (Complementary - but useless on the 9650 screen)
    The Weather Channel
    Toss It (Sprint Promo)
    TunedIn Radio
    Twitter
    Vlingo Virtual Assistant (Complementary - Heavily used)
    Windows Live Messenger
    Yahoo Messenger

My questions are:
    1. Are there versions of these apps for OS7?
    2. Will I be able to re-download the complementary apps for the new OS?
    3. Am I better off, for each of the apps, to not try to restore the app data from my OS6 backups to the new phone with OS7?
    4. Has anyone experienced problems with any of these apps in an OS7 environment?

And, as a side question, are there any components of a full backup of an OS6 phone that I should not try to restore?

Thanks.
    06-21-12 08:55 PM
    Most of the apps you listed I use on my 9810, os7, and I have done a compleat wipe of my device when upgrading, and all apps paid for, free, and complementalry are ready to reinstall. I would suggest not moving your apps for os 6 to 7, just move your BBID to the new device and do a fresh install. Every thing else should be fine moving over.

Sent from my 9810 using Tapatalk
    louzer likes this.
    06-21-12 09:07 PM
    If the apps are in your history in App World, then it shouldn't be a problem.

I had a fave theme on my old 9800, and when I went to a Bold I was able to re-install, AND I got the OS7 version of the theme. Several other apps behaved the same way.

I think you'll be okay.
    louzer likes this.
    06-21-12 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD