So last wek i lost my BB Storm, luckily i have insurance. I reported it Lost with Assurion (insurance co. for my phone) they sent me a new one yesterday.
    Then earlier today, someone emailed me, claiming to have found my Storm.
    I will be picking it up tomorrow, Now my question is....
    I am stuck with 2 phones, Can I use the original storm that i had reported lost?
    My girlfriend has the curve and wants to use it? will it work since it was reported to the insurance company?
    02-27-09 03:36 AM
    Contact your provider and the insurer for answers to this. Depending on the terms of your insurance the old phone might belong to the insurer if recovered.

They are the only people who will know if the old phone has been blocked. Even worse, it could have been entered on a database of stolen phones which might expose a user to the risk of arrest if checked by cops (probably not but it would be smart to find out first).
    02-27-09 05:18 AM
    So last wek i lost my BB Storm, luckily i have insurance. I reported it Lost with Assurion (insurance co. for my phone) they sent me a new one yesterday.
    Then earlier today, someone emailed me, claiming to have found my Storm.
    I will be picking it up tomorrow, Now my question is....
    I am stuck with 2 phones, Can I use the original storm that i had reported lost?
    My girlfriend has the curve and wants to use it? will it work since it was reported to the insurance company?
    No, it wont work. Your ONLY choice is to call Asurion and if the "lost" phone hasnt been decommissioned, you return the newer phone. If it has been, you return to them the "lost" phone.

This keeps everyone honest. Dont leave yourself open to getting charged the full price of the phone. Tell your g/f it doesnt go down that easy.
    02-27-09 05:41 AM
    Tell your g/f it doesnt go down that easy.
    HAHAHA! (Am I the only one?!)

Um but yeah definitely report it to the insurance company to stay safe. If you get someone decent on the other end they could possibly just write it off anyway and tell you to keep it to avoid the hassle. That happened to a friend of mine.
    02-27-09 07:19 AM
    Either way, you will be out your deductible.
    02-27-09 08:17 AM
    your kidding right?
    02-27-09 08:35 AM
    thanks for letting me know guys. I dont want to be charged full price. i will be calling my insurance co. asap.
    02-27-09 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD