I'm not familiar with Android at all, so I was wondering if there is something similar to BB Blend available for these phones too that allows you to reply to texts, emails etc without actually having to pick up your phone. That saves me so much time and minimizes distractions greatly...
    05-17-17 09:33 PM
    Pushbullet app is pretty good.
    05-17-17 09:41 PM
    I miss Blend. Replying to sms from my laptop at work was huge b/c I sit right next to my boss. Can't wait to give PB a try.

I never quite grasped using Blend for email though. If you're already on your computer, couldn't you just use your browser or Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.?
    05-17-17 09:58 PM
    Absolutely. I really only use it to reply to text messages.

Does Pushbullet all texting from a laptop or desktop to your phone?
    05-17-17 10:09 PM
    Absolutely. I really only use it to reply to text messages.

Does Pushbullet all texting from a laptop or desktop to your phone?
    "You can now quickly reply to a text from your computer by just clicking on the notification on your PC."

It would appear so. That is on their blog from 6/2014. If that's what you were asking.

I'm going to d/l to my work pc tomorrow & give it a whirl.
    05-17-17 10:48 PM
    Below is the easiest universal way to send SMS text or MMS picture or video multi-media messages that works on any PC, phone or tablet platform and is completely free in and outbound when viewed via e-mail. I've been doing it for 15 years with no problems. However, I'm not sure how it works with international messaging.

Simply substitute any mobile number in the prefix of the carrier protocols listed below and send your message as an e-mail that will automatically be converted and delivered. One downside is that your sent message will not be included in a conversation on the receiving mobile device but will be a standalone message in their inbox.

If you know the recipient's carrier, place the following protcols in any e-mail's To: line just like a typical e-mail address. You may see a different address when a recipient replies because some carriers use the same protocol which is a good way to reveal which carriers are actually the same companies. Sending to prepaid users is a trainwreck because they may change carriers frequently. Have fun!

CARRIER PROTOCOLS:

Verizon > number@vtext.com (SMS) > number@vzwpix.com (MMS)

At&t > number@txt.att.net (SMS) > number@mms.att.net (MMS)

Sprint > number@pm.sprint.com (SMS) > number@plspictures.com (MMS)

T Mobile > number@tmomail.net

Metro PCS > number@mymetropcs.com

Boost Mobile > number@sms.myboostmobile.com

Virgin Mobile > number@vmobl.com
    Last edited by BlackBerryMagnet; 05-17-17 at 11:11 PM.
    05-17-17 10:52 PM
    Not sure what service you are using but most of them have a dedicated site that you can do that with on any pc. I know ATT and Verizon have one.
    05-18-17 01:38 AM
    Not sure what service you are using but most of them have a dedicated site that you can do that with on any pc. I know ATT and Verizon have one.
    Who are you speaking to? There are four people in this conversation.
    Last edited by BlackBerryMagnet; 05-18-17 at 07:30 PM.
    05-18-17 07:11 PM
    I use a Google Voice number as my main number, and have for almost a decade. I can answer the phone on any device I'm logged in on (I often answer on my desktop or laptop via webcam mic), and I get texts directly to the device. I also get visual voicemail (text translations of VM messages), and I can set up all kinds of different outgoing messages for different groups of people (my known customers get one message, my friends & family get another, and unknown numbers get another - but you can do whatever you like). Of course, all of my contacts are in Gmail, and so any Google app can easily access them to make calls, send emails, or send texts or Hangouts.

Anyway, with this setup, I literally don't even need a phone if I'm near a computer, and the computer doesn't need to communicate with the phone; the phone could be turned off and everything still works. I know some here aren't interested in a Google solution to anything, but some might in fact be interested, and may not be aware this exists.
    Ecm likes this.
    05-20-17 03:18 AM
    I know some here aren't interested in a Google solution to anything
    OK, that's the understatement of the year. Lol.

FWIW, i fully agree with you. This is a great system.
    05-20-17 09:18 AM
    I think the AirDriod application provides this capability.
    05-20-17 10:45 PM
    airdroid is okay. I've had connection issues a few times. pushbullet is really good but limited if you don't subscribe to premium. you can now text through cortana as well and it works pretty good most of the time.
    05-20-17 11:17 PM
    +1 for Pushbullet. I can even receive BBM notifications on my desktop and reply to them!
    07-13-17 03:29 PM