I'm a newbie, so please be gentle.
    I'd like to replace my current lg cosmos with a used unlocked BB 9650 bold. I just want to use it as a phone and to text, not email and maybe wifi. Would anyone know if this is possible, since I don't want to add a data plan to my service. Also, could the phone be from another provider, other than verizon, if it's unlocked?

Thank you so much for the help.
    06-28-11 07:40 AM
  2. T
    I don't think it's a bad thing you're trying to do. The 9650 has excellent call quality, a terrific keyboard, and you could take your pictures with you in the most secure (encrypted) format available. I think it would depend on what carrier you're trying to activate the phone on. For example, Verizon probably wouldn't actvate a Sprint phone and vice versa. Neither would probably activate a BlackBerry without a BIS data plan either. But the 9650 has the capability of accepting a SIM card. You might be able to use a SIM card from T-Mobile, maybe even a prepaid one. I'm not sure if wifi would work, but there might even be a way to get that to work, albeit in a limited way (i.e. browser only as many applications require a data plan to work properly). I've read tons about this here on cb -- I just don't remember now -- but I think there's even a few topics on this on the first and second pages of the 9650 forum. I hope others can chime in fast, but either way, you'll find your answers here quickly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Tnis; 06-28-11 at 08:15 AM.
    06-28-11 07:59 AM
    No need to double post, your thread in VZW is the right place.
    06-28-11 08:23 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry, noknot!

Posting the same thread, in multiple locations, only makes it more difficult for us to help. Let's stick to this one:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/rep...9650-a-626304/
    06-28-11 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD