With the number of supported apps on OS 7.1 dropping rapidly, I am thinking of changing phone. Question is whether to go for current Classic or wait for a mid range Android to be launched?

Trying to establish if Classic will run all the android apps eg WhatsApp and if months/years of OS 10 life is seriously numbered.

Or just get a Priv and have done with it.

I definitely want a keyboard, although SK Neural on Android tablet is pretty impressive.
    03-30-16 02:32 PM
    Get the Priv. Whatsapp and Facebook will stop support for all BB10 by the end of the year.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 02:46 PM
    Get an android but not the Priv...or get a Microsoft device or even the !Phone...get whatever you like and fulfil your needs.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 02:51 PM
    9790 wow can't believe your still using that go with the priv bb10 is done.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-30-16 02:57 PM
    I say go to a store near you that has a Priv in stock or has a live demo unit you can try out. I know a few folks who use the Classic because they don't use many apps and are more concerned about email and messaging, so they love the device. In the end you have to go with best fits you needs, good luck with your final decision.
    03-30-16 04:30 PM
    If u want a proven top dollar android, go for the new Samsung S7..the waterproof one. If you must stay with BlackBerry but need apps, go for the Priv. If you need a Blackberry and can deal with a few "work-arounds" for a couple apps, then go for the Classic! I love mine.. this opinion is based off the phone you are coming from. I've heard rave reviews on the passport, but I personally don't like the square shape. If the Classic had the passport keyboard it would be perfect!

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    03-30-16 07:03 PM
    Get the classic.

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    03-30-16 07:25 PM
    Classic would be the next logical step....beautiful device. Got one for my mom and it reminds me so much of my 9900 that was probably my favorite BlackBerry (minus the trackpad, bigger screen and better OS)

Pimp slappin iGeeks, Droinerds and Windufuses with my big white Z30
    03-31-16 12:34 AM
    Thanks.
    With Classic will Android WhatsApp etc work after 2016?
    And I still want to be able to use Bridge with PlayBook.
    03-31-16 09:24 AM
    Thanks.
    With Classic will Android WhatsApp etc work after 2016?
    And I still want to be able to use Bridge with PlayBook.
    Just go ahead and count on Whatsapp NOT working after 2016, of coarse nobody knows if it will work to an extent. It def should work with Bridge.

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    03-31-16 12:01 PM
    Honestly I think with the Classic you'd be jumping from an already sunken ship to a sinking one. If you want a newer type of Bold phone, a Classic is fine but as you're looking for apps it's not the best choice. BlackBerry World is a deserted place this is not getting better with the time to come.

My advise is, only get the Classic if you really want that type of phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 03:39 PM
    I say go to a store near you that has a Priv in stock or has a live demo unit you can try out. I know a few folks who use the Classic because they don't use many apps and are more concerned about email and messaging, so they love the device. In the end you have to go with best fits you needs, good luck with your final decision.
    +1 yes it also same with me if you not depend with so many apps go to Q10 or classic (referring bold form factor)

Posted Via Q10 10.3.2.2836
    03-31-16 09:04 PM
    +1 for Q10 or Classic

Don't give a smelly crap about WhatsTurd or FacePoop
    04-01-16 10:32 AM
    Classic. Excellent mobile device.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    04-01-16 01:02 PM
    The Classic is a "classic"! Just wish it came in Red or that shopBB still sold the White one!

04-01-16 03:00 PM
    The Classic, but only because you managed to last til 2016 with a 9790. If that's the type of phone you still like, the Classic is a massive upgrade over any BBOS7 device...

Whatsapp will very likely work beyond 2016 - perhaps not the native app, but most likely the Android version. Facebook will work, again in Android form.

Really, if all you're doing is emails, IM, browsing and social media (minus snapchat), I can't see why anyone would recommend you the S7 or the Priv unless you're picking it up for free from work. I would assume having rocked a 9790 for so long, blowing a ton of change on a top of the line phone isn't on the top of your financial priorities, and you can pick up a second hand Classic for a very low price nowadays.
    04-01-16 03:19 PM
    Classic is a excellent devise if you need a PK or hate to say it but Apples new SE looks like a great little device (with support)
    04-01-16 03:23 PM
    If you like PK, move to a Classic or a Passport, OtherWise a Z30.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 04:26 PM