I got screwed by the zeus trojan.
    They got 2100 euros of my account last week while I was on a holiday. The phone sends an sms to a number in the uk. The phone number will be traced by the police.

The zeus trojan was installed by installing an update from rim! So you are warned!

Does anybody know how i can get rid of the trojan on my bb?
    Last edited by Sn00ky-g; 06-17-11 at 04:23 PM.
    06-17-11 04:08 PM
    The zeus trojan was installed by installing an update from rim! So you are warned!
    Please dont spread false information. There is no way this is anywhere near correct.
    andyahs likes this.
    06-17-11 04:10 PM
    Please dont spread false information. There is no way this is anywhere near correct.
    According to this article it can! and while updating it was the only time I connected or installed something from my computer to my blackberry

w.w.w.kokeytechnology.com/internet-security/88050-blackberry-phones-infected-with-zeus-trojan-virus-infection-becoming-widespread/
    06-17-11 04:22 PM
    According to this article it can! and while updating it was the only time I connected or installed something from my computer to my blackberry

w.w.w.kokeytechnology.com/internet-security/88050-blackberry-phones-infected-with-zeus-trojan-virus-infection-becoming-widespread/
    Yes I am familiar with that information, Im not contesting that it is out there, but there is absolutely no way you got it from RIM. Either you installed it yourself by installing something from an untrusted site or someone had physical access to your phone and installed it.
    06-17-11 04:24 PM
    Yes I am familiar with that information, Im not contesting that it is out there, but there is absolutely no way you got it from RIM. Either you installed it yourself by installing something from an untrusted site or someone had physical access to your phone and installed it.
    This isn't discussion worthy how I got the trojan, I just updated and downloaded it from the site from rim as I always did, do you know how I can get rid of the trojan?
    Last edited by Sn00ky-g; 06-17-11 at 04:44 PM.
    06-17-11 04:40 PM
    This isn't discussion worthy how I get the trojan, I just updated and downloaded it from the site from rim as I always did, do you know how I can get rid of the trojan?
    Wipe your device and grab the latest OS from your provider from blackberry.com or from the beta/leaked OS forum here on CrackBerry. Don't restore a backup of your applications from your PC or youll get infected again.
    06-17-11 04:44 PM
  7. T
    Is there any way to check if you have this virus?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-11 04:54 PM
    Nop its very hard to get a virus on a mobile. Espesially BB
    06-17-11 06:35 PM
    Zeus Trojan Variant Found on BlackBerry Phones - Security - News & Reviews - eWeek.com - eWeek Mobile

Not that hard.

06-17-11 07:03 PM
    I still have yet to come across one and trust me, I have hit some sites up, lo!

Also my PC has a couple viruses quarantined....so I am gonna go with it is harder than you think.

06-17-11 07:27 PM
    In seven years of CONSTANT BB use I've never had this happen.

By constant I mean it's in my hand/pocket/waist and I'm on it almost all freakin' day. Except for when I sleep.
    06-17-11 07:33 PM
    Only if you exercise some diligence in only installing apps from trusted sources that vets all they have to offer, or you perform the same service for yourself. Otherwise... not so difficult. Even on a BB device.
    06-17-11 07:52 PM
    It far less common on the mobile. And iOS does secure this by having a very tight app store and installation process. RIM is java so installing a trojan is easy, just click and open if your foolish enough to download an APP from an untrusted source.
    06-17-11 07:53 PM
    This is the exact reason rim recommends shutting off JavaScript in the browser. Just visiting an infected site can allow a Trojan to be installed to your bb.

06-17-11 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD