Hey Guys,

Given the level of obsessiveness with which some people look after their Blackberries, I am sure this question has come up here before... But does anyone have a good solution for removing small scratches from the chrome casing on the sides of the Blackberry Bold? Yesterday I managed, somehow, to allow a few scratches onto the side of my new, week-old Bold, and it's making me crazy.

Is the side chrome casing removable (without damaging the unit)?

Your expert advice will be greatly appreciated!
    05-28-09 07:20 AM
    dang, u gotta be more careful...idk how to get rid of the scratches but you may want to look into sum new carrying cases or a hard shell for it
    05-28-09 09:57 AM
    You can always replace the bezel. Its pretty simple to do. Go to cnn.cn for a video tutorial on how to take it apart. Look there for a new bezel or look on ebay.

The bold is by far the easiest Berry I have taken apart.
    05-28-09 10:02 AM
    Thanks! Yeah, I know I have to be more careful. I treat this thing like porcelain; I really have no idea where this scratch came from! Anyway, thanks for the advice. Replacing the bezel is probably the best option. From where do they get the bezels? Are they new parts, or just scrapped from old blackberries?
    Last edited by davidbeckman; 05-28-09 at 11:22 AM.
    05-28-09 11:15 AM
    I just went to cnn.cn and saw their selection of bezels. I had no idea that that part of the Bold could be accerorized. Who makes those designer bezels? When the bezel is removed and the new one put back on, does it feel the same?
    Last edited by davidbeckman; 05-28-09 at 11:30 AM.
    05-28-09 11:20 AM
    I ordered a skin for my berry. Just to help it from getting scratches on it. Plus to make it stand out.
    05-28-09 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD