Since my Outlook syncs up with our database (Interaction for those that know it), we have to have the "Mr" and "Ms" in the title field for people so that mail merges work correctly. Now, when I try to do a new email on my blackberry, if I look up "Bob", I have to look under "M" since he is under "Mr. Bob Smith" (appears that "Mr" is considered part of the first name). Is there a way of getting the "Mr" to not show up? I am sure this is a common question but I could not find an answer out there for it.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    12-29-08 11:38 AM
    When I go into my address book I'm still able to look up the contact by typing their first or last name. The Mr. still show, but I do not have to search by Mr. unless I so choose.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 12:02 PM
    In the address book, just start typing any combination of letters you're looking for. It will bring up all entries that have that combination of letters, whether it's in their names or company names. The more letters you type, the more refined (smaller) your results list will be. I assume the Storm works this same way.
    12-29-08 12:47 PM
    I agree with the other posts - the presence of a title should not affect your ability to search. That said, if your using BIS (thus, syncing manually to your BB) you may be able to prevent the title from propagating to your BB by changing the way that the database fields are mapped for synchronization, making sure that the title fields (in Outlook AND on the BB) are not mapped to any fields on the other side. I haven't used Outlook or Desktop Manager in a while, so I may be wrong on this.
    12-30-08 06:56 AM
    I agree with the other posts - the presence of a title should not affect your ability to search. That said, if your using BIS (thus, syncing manually to your BB) you may be able to prevent the title from propagating to your BB by changing the way that the database fields are mapped for synchronization, making sure that the title fields (in Outlook AND on the BB) are not mapped to any fields on the other side. I haven't used Outlook or Desktop Manager in a while, so I may be wrong on this.
    i am with you on this it shouldn't make a difference.
    12-30-08 07:35 AM
    Is the Mr. like inserted in the first name field or something?
    12-30-08 07:39 AM
    The Mr is added to the Title field. It appears for the contacts that Mr. Is added to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD