Don't forget that flashlight will have a mandatory data plan.
    'sho ya right

Not on my carrier. Not all of us live in the US.

Well, AG, I'm at the point where those few tid files are all that's left... Must say I am quite happy with what I have now thou...

That's my 8520 right after booting. It dropped to 152.8mb after loading th backups. I'll edit after my 20 or so apps are loaded.
    At 152 file free, I'd say you have done more than enough. Go get your
    apps loaded and enjoy.
    06-16-10 11:07 PM
    Wow. 152. Good stuff man.

Get those apps loaded!!
    06-17-10 08:17 AM
    Is there a way to remove a *.cod that is within the parent COD/zip file?

For instance in the latin truetype font cod, How can I remove any of the sub/child COD files?

Also, does anyone know which security features/Suretype features (such as firewall/etc that's optional) correspond to which COD files?

It would be nice to know what's removable for those of us without BES
    06-20-10 04:16 AM
    You might be very careful removing what might be a submodule of a "set" but you can use BBSAK to remove any single cod. Using BBSAK, find the READ DEVICE item (middle tab, I think) and it will list all cods including the rim/bb cods. Find the one you want to remove and BACKUP IT UP FIRST. Then remove it. You might brick the device if you remove the wrong ones. Like all themes apparently are dependent on the internal/native themes so you cannot remove a base theme.
    06-20-10 09:08 AM
    English is always on the phone so there is always at least 1 language on the phone. The appworld.cod is the application, and the appworld_en.cod is the language file for app world.
    06-20-10 12:14 PM
    You might be very careful removing what might be a submodule of a "set" but you can use BBSAK to remove any single cod. Using BBSAK, find the READ DEVICE item (middle tab, I think) and it will list all cods including the rim/bb cods. Find the one you want to remove and BACKUP IT UP FIRST. Then remove it. You might brick the device if you remove the wrong ones. Like all themes apparently are dependent on the internal/native themes so you cannot remove a base theme.
    I mean the cods before loaded to the device, inside the cod files you speak of that are shown. For instance the suretype keyboard cod within the virtual keyboard cod file.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-10 04:11 AM
    I was down to 129mb and was cleaning out the phone.

I went back up to 142! This was after I cleared my browser history, cache and cookies. I also emptied out my call log. Like totally deleted all calls. I believe that is where the big memory jump came from.

Just a tip to those who may be looking for that extra umph in the memory. Clear your call log.

Edit. Nvm that. I did a battery pull and it went back down :S
    Last edited by ttsoldier; 07-01-10 at 03:37 PM.
    07-01-10 03:31 PM
    Hmmm... I had TONS AND TONS of calls in my call log, I cleared everything else too like you did and I didn't even gain a quarter mb. Even after a battery pull.
    07-01-10 06:06 PM
    Hmmm... I had TONS AND TONS of calls in my call log, I cleared everything else too like you did and I didn't even gain a quarter mb. Even after a battery pull.
    Not a surprise. The call log like the Event Log has a truly minimal footprint.
    07-01-10 06:12 PM
84 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD