I recently went through the process of Enterprise Activation to get work e-mail pushed to my device... just wondering how easy it is to get rid of Enterprise Activation and go back to how it was exactly before I got this option turned on?
    11-26-09 02:29 PM
    There is a way, but that erases all data from your device. So if you choose to use it, do a backup before. Restoring this backup won't bring back your BES activation...

Options - Security options - General Settings

Open the menu, choose "Wipe Handheld", type "blackberry", enjoy
    11-26-09 02:37 PM
    Thanks for the reply! I was afraid a wipe would be necessary... So I take it using BlackBerry Desktop Manager will backup everything off the device, even the stuff that's "locked" by BES, for example my saved searches, and also restore them back without needing Enterprise Activation?
    11-26-09 03:11 PM
    About the saved searches, I'm not sure, but I'd guess so... The DM backup takes care about everything that's stored on the device...

Hope this works for you, let us know
    11-27-09 01:28 PM
    Are you looking to remove an IT policy? bc a wipe won't do that
    11-27-09 01:39 PM
    You can also ask your IT dept to delete you user account via BES, this way you don't have to wipe handhelp. It may tick your It dept off a bit, because if you decide to go back to BES they will have to reset for you
    11-27-09 08:03 PM
    The only way to remove an enterprise activation would be to wipe the handheld. That still would not remove the IT Policy. Depending on the handheld OS, the IT Policy can be removed with Javaloader.

Even if the IT Department deleted you off the BES, this would have no effect on your handheld other than disallowing them remote control of the device and communication of data (email).

If you simply backup the handheld, wipe it, then restore the backup, this will put the device back into a state before the enterprise activation. The only thing that will remain would be the BES synchronization data and the IT Policy. The actual enterprise activation will not be valid anymore nor will the service books reside on the handheld anymore.
    11-27-09 08:25 PM
    Damn, this BES thing is getting to sound more and more like a mess. Even if I contact IT to deactivate BES for me I would still have to deal with removing the IT policy??
    11-28-09 01:25 AM
    You don't even have to contact them. Just wipe your device and remove the IT Policy yourself. Do you have a Tour? If so, you can remove the IT Policy using Javaloader.

In fact when you remove the IT Policy it wipes your device anyways, so you don't even have to bother wiping it before.
    11-28-09 01:28 AM
    Thanks! Will have to keep this in mind when I decide to rid myself of BES... just gotta figure out how to get Redirector on a work PC.
    11-28-09 02:15 AM
    I have problem on storm and need to get rid of BES and owners phone number as tried to wipe phone 3x and removed his info left on phone except number and bes and it asks for password. How do I get rid of this BES and number so I can use. Phone has been unlocked.
    02-01-10 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD