Okay. So me and my ex were on an at&t family plan. We broke and he got his own plan and broke his BB. Go figure, lol

Well since I'm not using the 2nd line.. And instead of paying early term I'd rather pay the 10/mth. Sooo at&t will nottt remove the bb plan unless I replace it with a new imei.. Not liking paying 30/mth for a bb plan not being used!

What's the best way of going about this? Buying a POS phone from ebay for the imei.. ??

Any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-10 01:55 PM
    IMEIs are all around us. I can give u one if u bbm me
    02-16-10 02:13 PM
    you can just make one up. Its 15 digits long. here are the first seven 3582260 make up the rest and tell them its an unlocked GSM phone.
    02-16-10 02:22 PM
    i doubt that will work. the phone's IMEI is very specific
    02-16-10 02:28 PM
    Why not buy a ATT ToGo phone pop the SIM card in it, call ATT and they'll see the SIM card change, and new IMEI number of the device and should remove it for you....

Changing IMEI numbers to a different phone, that you do not own, is highly illegal, and i wouldn't suggest doing it.
    02-16-10 02:39 PM
    trust me its usually the first 6-8 digits of the imei that determines the phone model. when they as what phone is that tell them its a nokia n97 white.
    02-16-10 02:40 PM
    we are not changing imeis we are just making one up so she can remove the bb data plan off that number.
    02-16-10 02:40 PM
    IMEIs are all around us. I can give u one if u bbm me
    I don't see your pin through wapforums.cb .. What's the pin??

02-16-10 02:42 PM
    They hardly know how to open a txt on basic phones..

02-16-10 02:49 PM
    there is certainly no need to buy a phone

Why not buy a ATT ToGo phone pop the SIM card in it, call ATT and they'll see the SIM card change, and new IMEI number of the device and should remove it for you....

Changing IMEI numbers to a different phone, that you do not own, is highly illegal, and i wouldn't suggest doing it.
    how is illegal? i have a box of broken phones that were either given to me or thrown out. its illegal to assume these as my own now? lol. i could see it being illegal to use someone else's without their permission and it comprimising that person service.. but come on..

I don't see your pin through wapforums.cb .. What's the pin??

my pin is 217941f5
    02-16-10 02:54 PM
    Rogers has changed the IMEI on phones before, they did it in store for me once.
    02-16-10 03:16 PM
    there is certainly no need to buy a phone

how is illegal? i have a box of broken phones that were either given to me or thrown out. its illegal to assume these as my own now? lol. i could see it being illegal to use someone else's without their permission and it comprimising that person service.. but come on..

Because if the person above "makes up a IMEI number" can calls AT&T and sees where that IMEI number is in use by a different person it will throw up red flags. Trust me Cell phone companies have the ability to see what IMEI number you are using on your phone without you using it. When i had trouble with my wife's 8900 i called T-Mo about warranty and they gave me the IMEI number off of the phone in question. The odd thing is my wife has used several phones before/during/after her encounter with the warranty. .... they can tell. and by giving a IMEI number to a phone that you do not own you are suppling fraudulent information regarding FCC standards.. .. .. it's just not a good thing to do... i don't care what you say.

if you own the phone, and it's not in use... good use the IMEI number... you own the phone... but don't give an IMEI number to a phone you do not use.

my pin is 217941f5

02-16-10 03:16 PM
    yea the carrier can see the IMEI number. this is completely 100% true. do they care? no not really. i've had all the lines on my account use the same IMEI at one point.
    02-16-10 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD