Hi,

Can some1 please tell me how I can remove Voice Dialing from my 8330 w/o wiping it clean+starting from scratch... Last time I did it, I had to redo everything...

Thank You
    02-07-09 10:48 AM
    CrackMem can remove VAD without requiring you to reload your OS. You have to have your 8330 OS installed on your PC first. You can download CrackMem from the link in my sig. Just follow the instructions. The Help file is very good. If you are using DM4.7, pay special attention to those instructions.
    02-07-09 12:29 PM
    Will do... Thanks!!!

Can I use this prog to also remove some of the standard themes I never use?

Thanks again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 02:18 PM
    Yes, you can also use it to remove carrier themes. That's one of the check box selections.
    02-07-09 02:30 PM
    Am I like the only one who actually likes VAD?
    02-07-09 04:05 PM
    Lol pkcable it seems that way.
    02-07-09 04:09 PM
    I find it takes longer to tell my phone who to call than to just do it myself by hitting the green phone button. And it never gets it right no matter how slowly and clearly I speak.

"Did you say call Pizza Hut?"

NO!
    09-01-10 03:32 PM
  8. T
    I often wondered do the people who use voice dialing have contacts with really simple names e.g. "Call Jim" or "Call John"? My contacts have more difficult names, and the voice dialing never seems to get it right.
    09-01-10 05:52 PM
    There is an adaptive speech feature in the VAD. For those who would like it to work.

09-01-10 08:51 PM
    I use it -- only with my Bluetooth headset, all I have to do is hit the button on the headset and say "Call whoever" and it gets it right most of the time. And I can do this while the BB is in its holster on my hip.
    09-02-10 12:09 AM
    You could also use MaxMem to remove it (and the themes) and you won't have to do it through your computer since you can download it OTA.
    09-02-10 03:04 AM
  12. T
    There is an adaptive speech feature in the VAD. For those who would like it to work.

How do I access the settings of that feature?

09-02-10 08:15 AM
    I think it is in Menu/Options/Voice Dialing or Menu/Options/Phone Options/Voice Dialing. I deleted mine so I can't really remember. It may even be in the app when you activate it. It has about a 3 minute walk through where you repeat select phrases so it can more accurately analyze your speak patterns.

09-02-10 11:13 AM
  14. T
    I think it is in Menu/Options/Voice Dialing or Menu/Options/Phone Options/Voice Dialing. I deleted mine so I can't really remember. It may even be in the app when you activate it. It has about a 3 minute walk through where you repeat select phrases so it can more accurately analyze your speak patterns.

Thanks. I'll give it a go.

09-02-10 04:29 PM
    crackmem can remove vad without requiring you to reload your os. You have to have your 8330 os installed on your pc first. You can download crackmem from the link in my sig. Just follow the instructions. The help file is very good. If you are using dm4.7, pay special attention to those instructions.
    thank you! :dddd
    09-08-10 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD