I have several icons on my homepage that keep coming back. When I remove the service books they disapear but return when I receive a "your device is registered with the network" or something like that and the service books are back. It's not a real problem, I currently have the unwanted icons all in one folder which is hidden. Is there a way to get rid of them forever? Some of the icons are facebook, myspace and several IM types. (Yes, I realize how antisocial this makes me look to not make use of these.) Thanks for any help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 03:43 PM
    There is no way to remove the icons that are pushed by your carrier. Creating a folder, putting the launchers in it and hiding the folder is the best option. The launchers are not installed apps, only launchers to the apps and take up almost no memory.

i don't use any social networking sites either. We can be anti-social together! Wait...
    01-23-10 03:49 PM
    Working as designed. They are pushed by the carrier. If you delete them, they will come back. They are merely launchers and not the actual applications.

The best thing that you can do is to hide them and ignore them.
    01-23-10 03:50 PM
    The straight answer is no, there is not a way to effect permanent removal. Hiding at least keeps them out of sight and out of mind.

01-23-10 03:50 PM
    I just stick all my unwanted icons in a folder labeled 'Misc Apps/Utils.' And I've moved that folder to the last position where it's outa-sight outa-mind. It's also where I stick any app that doesn't require me to click the icon to use (ie, zona-snap, bit.lify, etc...)

I don't bother hiding the folder though, since someday I may actually use something in it. Who knows, maybe one day I'll find a use for the Flickr app; when I do, it's in a handy folder for me to find it.
    01-23-10 03:56 PM
    And once hidden, they stay hidden until you change to a new theme, where you'll have to repeat the process.

01-23-10 03:57 PM
    I just stick all my unwanted icons in a folder labeled 'Misc Apps/Utils.' And I've moved that folder to the last position where it's outa-sight outa-mind. It's also where I stick any app that doesn't require me to click the icon to use (ie, zona-snap, bit.lify, etc...)

I don't bother hiding the folder though, since someday I may actually use something in it. Who knows, maybe one day I'll find a use for the Flickr app; when I do, it's in a handy folder for me to find it.
    Great idea glad I thought of it. LMAO I had the same idea great minds think alike.
    01-23-10 03:58 PM
    Very good question - and answers, thank you all. I was wondering the same myself; as I don't use all the social sites and several other applications and why have them wasting space on my screen. I will put what I dont want in a storage folder and stash it.
    01-23-10 04:09 PM
    First, thanks for the quick response. Second, rats, I was afraid that would be the case. Third, "be antisocial together"- now that's funny.
    01-23-10 04:11 PM
    ... snip

i don't use any social networking sites either. We can be anti-social together! Wait...

Post peak!

That may have to be my new email signature!

Great line!!
    01-23-10 05:12 PM
    yay! i'd be famous then!
    01-23-10 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD