I will be canceling my account with AT&T soon. I will be selling the 9700 soon after.

My question is, how do I remove the 9700 device from my AT&T BIS even though I do not plan to add another device? It appears that BIS only has a "Change Device" option. I want to remove all and add none.

The reason I ask this is because a friend of mine bought a BlackBerry from another person. They had that BlackBerry added to their account. The person he bought it off of passed him the username/password to BIS as if there was no other way.

My guess is, AT&T should remove my BIS account when I do cancel my service. This should allow the next user of this BlackBerry to associate the device with their account. True?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Charlie
    03-07-10 12:13 PM
    You could always tell them when you cancel your service that you want the BIS account removed as well. I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem.
    03-07-10 02:10 PM
    just have ATT release the PIN. simple as that
    03-07-10 02:11 PM
    When I closed the account for my personal BB (due to receiving a company-owned device) the BIS account was closed before the phone call to AT&T even ended.
    03-17-10 02:01 PM
    When you login to change the device and IMEI, change each to "0" and then save. that will release your PIN.
    03-17-10 06:10 PM
    Even if you leave AT&T the device PIN is still tied to your BIS whether the BIS is
    cancelled or not. Call AT&T tech support and they do it for you. I've done that
    twice before.
    03-17-10 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD