Hey, I'm wondering if there is a way to remove the notification on my home screen that the bluetooth connection is on.

I always have bluetooth on (not always connected to the device, but on so if I need to connect I can) and don't see it necessary to have that icon on the home screen where my notifications normally appear (such as a new text, email, or voicemail) all the time.

Is it possible to remove this?

Thanks,
    Bill
    10-28-09 12:19 AM
    Highlight the icon, press the menu key, select hide.

"But bacon's not the only thing that's cured by hanging from a string"
    -- Hugh Kingsmill.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 04:33 PM
    Not the 'Set up bluetooth' icon, the one that appears next to the alerts (like new text messages etc). I attached a screenshot
    Last edited by rantastic; 10-28-09 at 08:38 PM.
    10-28-09 08:28 PM
    Well if you're going to have it set, so there's the opportunity, it's always going to tell you when there's the potential.

-- Hugh Kingsmill.

10-28-09 08:31 PM
    Yeah I always leave it on so I can connect without having to go into the menu. Does that mean there is no way to remove it?
    10-28-09 08:59 PM
    As long as you aren't concerned with knowing whether it's available, I suspect you could have a custom theme built, and have them leave the notification icon off. Not positive if that would work though, best to ask a theme builder.

-- Hugh Kingsmill.

10-29-09 04:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD