An old post of mine. Look how technology has changed. I was adamant that a swapable battery was a need. 2 years later, I changed my position based upon the impressive K1 battery. I can get though a day on my K1 easily even with heavy use. I wonder what the landscape will be 2 years from now - a week without a charge?
    10-23-17 08:42 PM
    An old post of mine. Look how technology has changed. I was adamant that a swapable battery was a need. 2 years later, I changed my position based upon the impressive K1 battery. I can get though a day on my K1 easily even with heavy use. I wonder what the landscape will be 2 years from now - a week without a charge?
    Yes, KeyOne has a good battery. But after a year or two, how well will it hold up? Ultimately it is very feasible to engineer a removable battery, and trivial buy an extra battery on eBay. It is a shame that removable batteries and even headphone jacks are a dying breed.
    10-23-17 11:58 PM
    For very common phones, such as iPhones and Samsungs there is another solution, battery cases. I have two for my iPhone 6. The phone goes in the case and extends the charge. There are different models available which different battery capacities ranging from about half a charge to several charges. I keep my phone in one and keep the other one charged. In the very unlikely event I need to, the charge easily lasts a day in most instances, I just pull the phone and put it in the other case. Takes way less than a minute.
    Last edited by GadgetTravel; 10-24-17 at 10:58 AM.
    10-24-17 10:27 AM
    A true Blackberry device always had a removable battery and not a non-removable one. You are going to be stuffed if it suddenly fails on you and you have to send it back or somehow get the battery replaced. But don't get me wrong it could be the phone itself! I Still have a Blackberry 7730 that still works and still use as a backup and battery good still and I have spares!
    10-28-17 06:43 AM
    A true Blackberry device always had a removable battery and not a non-removable one. You are going to be stuffed if it suddenly fails on you and you have to send it back or somehow get the battery replaced. But don't get me wrong it could be the phone itself! I Still have a Blackberry 7730 that still works and still use as a backup and battery good still and I have spares!
    Sorry, a Passport is a “true Blackberry” and doesn’t have a removable battery. You may prefer other models, but that doesn’t make a Passport not a BlackBerry.
    10-28-17 11:53 AM
    Apologies for saying that! I do like the Passport and yes it is a true Blackberry and I should have worded that better. I am just more comfortable with the option of having a removable battery and if it's faulty I can change it, but if its non-removable... then there is the problem of replacing it and that's if its the battery or the phone! At least I can test that with removing the battery and putting in a new one to make sure!

If I was going to get another Blackberry it would be the Passport, but have my Q10 as a backup. Sorry if I have upset anyone.
    10-28-17 05:30 PM
    Apologies for saying that! I do like the Passport and yes it is a true Blackberry and I should have worded that better. I am just more comfortable with the option of having a removable battery and if it's faulty I can change it, but if its non-removable... then there is the problem of replacing it and that's if its the battery or the phone! At least I can test that with removing the battery and putting in a new one to make sure!

If I was going to get another Blackberry it would be the Passport, but have my Q10 as a backup. Sorry if I have upset anyone.
    No need to apologize, at least to me. Just pointing out that I think any BB10 device should be considered a BlackBerry.
    Last edited by GadgetTravel; 10-29-17 at 01:23 AM.
    10-28-17 07:58 PM
407 ... 151617