Well I tried getitback today and it does work so far.

I have triped remote locking my bb, sending a message and having the bb call me back. They all work fine except for the fact that it takes about 20 minutes for my blackberry to update their server on its status after being reported missing and another 20 minutes to send the request to lock it, etc..

So it kind of sucks that it takes so mich time to do so...the developer sent me a newer version of the software which I will test out tomorrow and report back on...hopefully it has a lot faster response time.

Unfortunately there is no remote wipe capability with getitback but what I did was reduce the amount of password attempts to 3. That way when I lock the device and the theif enters the wromg password 3 times it autowipes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-08 01:21 AM
    After testing out the new version og Getitback that the developer sent me I am happy to report that all of the functions that I ave tested so far work great.

After reporting the phone stolen on the website. The phone was able to communicate with the server in less than a minute and update its status.

However to send any commands to the device ie, lock the phone, display a message, dial a number it takes about 10-15 minutes for the phone to receive the request and respond accordingly.

I still haven't had time to test out the other features including gps but will do so later on. The most important function for me was the remote lock. Which is all I care about. Everything else is just nice to have. Still wish they had a remote wipe capability built in thought.

So far I really like this product. And support is great as well.
    10-08-08 03:23 PM
    I think roblock has the remote wipe.

this would be an important feature to me. does that mean i should go with roblock and not getitback?

how do the two compare?
    10-25-08 09:16 AM
    Sounds like a great app.. Are there any other apps capable of performing similar tasks, especially wiping the handheld remotely?
    11-19-09 07:32 PM
    SmrtGuard seems to be the BlackBerry standard:

SmrtGuard :: Your Smartphone Guardian�
    12-03-09 12:09 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD