I would much rather Chen spends his time being productive than making himself available to address every BlackBerry-related rumour. Heck, if he can make BB better by chatting with Apple, then by all means let him do what he has to do.
    thymaster likes this.
    05-15-15 05:20 AM
    Personally I like the idea of Mr Chen talking with a major player whether it's Samsung, Apple or whoever. I think it would be the right move to align yourself with a major player who has the capital and resources to take the company to the next level and make them a household name again, to me thats just good business in todays fast paced high tech world.
    05-15-15 06:30 AM
    Thanks thymaster I am 37 yeras old and I didn't realize you had to be veteran on here to post something I have owned Blackberrys for almost ten yeras now I also have a lot of apple stuff like and iphone, apple TV, iPad and a macbook my iPhone sits in a drawer and never gets used but my passport I can't put down I love this thing bb10 is the best OS hands down and just like everyone else I am getting tired of waiting for a all touch flagship from BlackBerry

Passport,Q10,red Z10,Z30, bold 9900
    05-15-15 06:48 AM
    The Samsung rumor had a full fledged 'document' supporting the story along with a journalist that stood by it. When it hits Reuters and you have countless other media sources citing Reuters, the shareholders start to call in and it's probably easier just to address it then. No one really believes Apple is going to buy out blackberry, especially with no evidence
    05-15-15 06:56 AM
    There is a "statute of limitations" on 2 year old blog comments

Seriously guys either get along or ignore! Got it!
    Link for that statute please? Thanks.
    05-15-15 07:15 AM
    Link for that statute please? Thanks.
    Didnt see the wink? . Shake and make up or agree to disagree but otherwise keep it off the forums. I was using humor to try to convey that message. I bet if you both met in a bar you would get along famously!
    05-15-15 07:21 AM
    There is a "statute of limitations" on 2 year old blog comments

Seriously guys either get along or ignore! Got it!
    The "ignore" feature doesn't prevent a fellow member from lacking class. That's just poor advice Rich.
    05-15-15 07:44 AM
    Responding to rumors is allowing someone else to control the conversation. There's no reason to do it, unless it provides a direct benefit to you (like the Samsung rumors did). Never speak or act just to satisfy the needs of others, it gives them a relevance that they are not worthy of unless it's family or charity (but even charity normally provides a direct benefit of some kind).
    world saviour and thymaster like this.
    05-15-15 08:29 AM
    The "ignore" feature doesn't prevent a fellow member from lacking class. That's just poor advice Rich.
    Enough! The next crack out of either of you will result in an infraction! End it! NOW!
    05-15-15 09:20 AM
    Chen also said that he's not going address these rumors every time they happen. Rumors are just rumors.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    05-15-15 09:23 AM
    Personally I like the idea of Mr Chen talking with a major player whether it's Samsung, Apple or whoever. I think it would be the right move to align yourself with a major player who has the capital and resources to take the company to the next level and make them a household name again, to me thats just good business in todays fast paced high tech world.
    I wouldn't mind either. And I'd like to see BlackBerry successful as well, assuming they are operating as a separate entity.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 09:26 AM
    I wouldn't mind either. And I'd like to see BlackBerry successful as well, assuming they are operating as a separate entity.

Posted via CB10
    If Apple so much as touches BB you will never see their name on anything again. It would be to strip their IPs and throw the rest in the trash. Apple would never want to compete against themselves with a portion acting as a separate entity, they would absorb the whole shebang, QNX and all.
    mnc76 likes this.
    05-15-15 10:18 AM
    Hi, I'm looking to purchase a mammalian carcass for some very important research (the larger, the better) and I was on another thread and one of the guys on there said that if I trundled on over here to this thread, I could find several people flogging a dead horse?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    anon3969612 and anon(9188202) like this.
    05-15-15 10:23 AM
    The moment we find out blackberry has a partnership both with apple and samsung...MINDBLOWN!

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 10:29 AM
    Canary?
    05-15-15 10:34 AM
    Q: What's worse than beating a dead horse?

A: Seeing a sign that says "We are beating a dead horse in here" and stopping in every day to take a look and commenting on how people are still beating a dead horse.
    05-15-15 10:40 AM
    Perhaps we could see an AppleDroidBerry in the future. Everything on it would be proprietary and it's built in security software would constantly notify you of weaknesses in the OS while it recorded your every movement and biorythmic stat and reported it to the IRS. We could charge $1200 for it, have people camp out for days to buy it, and then hypothesize about it's demise.

We could announce it via The Onion website.
    05-15-15 12:56 PM

A: Seeing a sign that says "We are beating a dead horse in here" and stopping in every day to take a look and commenting on how people are still beating a dead horse.
    Some people like taking a swing at the old dead horse. Good for the soul.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    05-15-15 02:21 PM
    The Samsung rumour came from a very reputable source (Reuters, if I remember rightly), so it gained a lot more traction and had a greater effect on the share price. The Apple rumour is relatively benign and isn't worth Chen's time.

Posted via CB10
    Yes that is the reason. Reputable news media had reporters that actually saw the documents with their own eyes, but I wonder if the dates were removed. The documents could have been from 6 months ago when they were planning a bid, or recently. JC could have also had his IB reps tell the buyer no we are not for sale, but we are willing to do partnerships. So Blackberry responded that they were not in talks for M&A thus rejecting the buyout rumour.
    05-15-15 03:22 PM
    You better get a stepladder because you're really reaching.
    05-15-15 03:48 PM
    Your soul is dark.

Some people like taking a swing at the old dead horse. Good for the soul.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 04:29 PM
    Shake and make up or agree to disagree but otherwise keep it off the forums.
    If they don't I will be happy to invoke the rule about harassment - for which there is no statue of limitations, and apply the appropriate sanction. A few high profile bans usually creates a peaceful weekend.
    lnichols likes this.
    05-15-15 06:43 PM
    Pkcable sure is blowing things out of proportion we have moved on but you keep going on about us getting banned you haven't even comented on the original thread

Passport,Q10,red Z10,Z30, bold 9900
    05-15-15 06:50 PM
    come on guys. we know BlackBerry better.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2267
    05-15-15 07:24 PM

Until it starts to stink... :-)

Let's be friendly and have fun instead of bashing each other, too... :-D

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    05-15-15 08:00 PM
61 123