Hey everyone,

I know this has been posted a fair amount already and there is plenty of info out there, but I have tried all the following and still have not been able to change some of my picture and video files from .REM (so my new PlayBook can read them!):

- Turned off encryption, hard rebooted the phone, created new folder on Media Card and moved files into it.

- Tried emailing the files to myself, still stuck in .REM format

- Tried renaming them as suggested before, no luck!

Once again, I apologise for asking this for a billionth time and if this is the right forum to be posting into, but how would I convert these files away from the cursed .REM format?

Thanks!
    02-16-12 06:15 AM
    Were those image files originally encrypted on the phone you're currently using?
    02-16-12 07:50 AM
    Were those image files originally encrypted on the phone you're currently using?
    Hey, sorry for the late reply. It's just the recent images and videos I've taken in the past few months that are encrypted. It's because I switched on encryption a few months ago, stupidly thinking it would make my device more secure and convenient...I turned it off already though, and nothing seems to be working!
    02-16-12 06:36 PM
    Anyone?

10char
    02-17-12 07:27 PM
    Sounds like you've tried all the suggested resolutions. The files may have become corrupt.

Have you attempted a SD repair? Options->Storage->menu->Repair, then attempt all the fixes again. Worth a shot.
    02-18-12 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD