So i downloaded a new program and when I rebooted my Tour. I received the reload 552 error message.

Thank god I backed up my entire device on my home mac and then yesterday on my work pc.

Problem is none of my apps loaded other than the BB core apps.
    My contacts are in place...messages all there but no apps.

I tried on both my mac restore and my work PC restore and still no luck getting my device as it was before.

What can I do?

Reloading everything is a huge undertaking.

Any help would be appreciated.
    09-19-10 07:36 AM
    So i downloaded a new program and when I rebooted my Tour. I received the reload 552 error message.

Thank god I backed up my entire device on my home mac and then yesterday on my work pc.

Problem is none of my apps loaded other than the BB core apps.
    My contacts are in place...messages all there but no apps.

I tried on both my mac restore and my work PC restore and still no luck getting my device as it was before.

What can I do?

Reloading everything is a huge undertaking.

Any help would be appreciated.
    I've done it about 4 times but forgot how exactly. Need to search the how to section here. Kevin has a how to reload software here somewhere. Doing it his way you by pass desktop manager altogether. Its a lot faster & you get everything back

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-10 08:08 AM
    A normal desktop manager backup does not back up your 3rd party apps. You would need to use a program like bbsak to back up your 3rd party apps.
    09-19-10 08:24 AM
    A normal desktop manager backup does not back up your 3rd party apps. You would need to use a program like bbsak to back up your 3rd party apps.
    Doing it the way explained in the how to section does give your apps back, I've done it 4 times

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-10 08:36 AM
    And remember, BBSak is a PC application, not a MAC app.
    09-19-10 09:03 AM
    Sounds like you are running the 4.7 OS on your Tour. This is a known issue and can be fixed by deleting the app you installed (no need to reload the OS until you try to remove the app first). See the following link for more info:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/er...lution-417139/

Since this is a 4.7 bug, the best thing to do is load OS 5.0 onto your Tour.
    09-20-10 06:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD