Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering about what I could use with my phone on my upcoming trip.
    I leave for Australia on Saturday, and I will be there for three weeks.
    Currently, I have the data plan and have internet access wherever I am.

However, once we are in LA- we're activating the Global Plan, where we will be charged for calling, and messages.

Knowing that this phone has Wi-Fi, if I were to set it up with a possible Wi-Fi internet connection at the place we're staying at- would using the blackberry internet browser be fine? No charge?
    What else would I be able to access? Any third party apps such as facebook, etc..?

Just curious! I've never had to enable Wi-Fi on my blackberry in the past, so this is all really new for me.

Thank you!
    07-12-10 09:30 PM
    Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering about what I could use with my phone on my upcoming trip.
    I leave for Australia on Saturday, and I will be there for three weeks.
    Currently, I have the data plan and have internet access wherever I am.

However, once we are in LA- we're activating the Global Plan, where we will be charged for calling, and messages.

Knowing that this phone has Wi-Fi, if I were to set it up with a possible Wi-Fi internet connection at the place we're staying at- would using the blackberry internet browser be fine? No charge?
    What else would I be able to access? Any third party apps such as facebook, etc..?

Just curious! I've never had to enable Wi-Fi on my blackberry in the past, so this is all really new for me.

Thank you!
    If you have Wi-Fi, then using any data-related app on your blackberry would be free of charge as long as you're connected to a Wi-Fi network, you could even cancel your global plan if you wanted to (and are willing to only have internet access in a wi-fi are) and save some money.
    07-12-10 10:03 PM
    If you have Wi-Fi, then using any data-related app on your blackberry would be free of charge as long as you're connected to a Wi-Fi network, you could even cancel your global plan if you wanted to (and are willing to only have internet access in a wi-fi are) and save some money.

If I were to purchase the Global Data Plan- I would be charged for certain calls, texts, pics, and emails I believe.. but I would still be able to browse the internet, and use my applications like facebook correct?

If I just used WiFi, I could still receive emails for free correct? I can always use skype on my laptop to make calls...

What would you say is the best option? I'm not too sure about this, as I have never used a blackberry internationally or used WiFi on my phone.
    07-12-10 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD