so my old BB bold 9000 got stolen. ATT gave me a refurbished replacement. That thing was totally busted. Got another refurbished one. This one is manageable, but certain minor things my new bold did aren't possible on this thing. I'm assuming it's just a faulty os config.

How do I completely wipe this current OS off the device and reinstall with the most recent full OS?
    11-18-09 11:47 AM
    search blackberry 101, its in that thread here on CB
    11-18-09 11:49 AM
    Perhaps a little more helpful, There is a link to the software and instructions for using it in the Bold 9000 Subforum.
    11-18-09 11:55 AM
    all i can find in Blackberry 101 is how to upgrade the OS. The OS upgraded itself within blackberry desktop manager, but still has the same defects. i want a complete wipe. can this be done?
    11-18-09 12:54 PM
    all i can find in Blackberry 101 is how to upgrade the OS. The OS upgraded itself within blackberry desktop manager, but still has the same defects. i want a complete wipe. can this be done?
    Yes, it is all part of the same process.

There are two ways to accomplish the wipe.

Use an external utility program like Jl_cmdr, CrackMem or BBSAK to wipe the BlackBerry memory. That is total.

Alternatly, use the Options Button in Applications Loader to deselect Backup/Restore and preserve existing programs. That will accomplish exactly the same result.
    11-18-09 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD