My bold kinda died, long story, so I had to get a refurb via insurance.

Maybe this is what Asurion uses as the default "owner" when they reflash their Bolds? The phone obviously had a previous owner, because it a. had some nasty sticky goo to the left of the camera and b.two of the chrome keyboard row separators are cracked in the middle (high five to at&t/Asurion for keeping it quality. )

Thoughts?
    05-08-09 07:13 PM
    You should demand a new one. Refurbs are supposed to be tested to make sure its like brand new, also they are suppose to replace the entire housings. Looks like AT&T is getting lazy.
    05-08-09 08:00 PM
    I'd be on the phone complaining. I got a refurb from Verizon once and right after I took it out of the box I was on the phone with them because the phone was clearly not cleaned up at all.
    05-08-09 08:55 PM

Maybe this is what Asurion uses as the default "owner" when they reflash their Bolds? The phone obviously had a previous owner, because it a. had some nasty sticky goo to the left of the camera and b.two of the chrome keyboard row separators are cracked in the middle (high five to at&t/Asurion for keeping it quality. )

Thoughts?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

05-08-09 08:57 PM

Thoughts?
    I'm not sure about the owner info, but I would demand a new replacement. Two cracked "fret bars" and a gooey camera, COMPLAIN! I would get on the phone with them ASAP!
    05-08-09 09:20 PM
    Oh yeah I already got a new one - the second I saw how beat up that one was bitched them up and they shipped another one next day air.

Really my question was about the Owner information, I found it quite strange - Maybe an old RIM Canada employee/test phone?
    Last edited by gerbs; 05-08-09 at 10:07 PM.
    05-08-09 10:05 PM
    I'm sorry you had to go through that. I have a refurb from tmobile and it was in excellent condition looked brand new! The phone I sent back was scratched chrome/face and the usb port didn't work! maybe its bc my husband has called tmobile everyday and bitches so they know better than to mess with us. Shrugs. Best of luck!

05-08-09 10:36 PM
    a.wipe it off
    b.get another keyboard

and I believe RIM does the factory refurbishing.
    05-09-09 02:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD