I have tried searching for exact instructions, but every thread I go to kind of mentions something different. Many say to use the wipe feature, others say to download some jl_cmder to do it.

Basically what I want is to completely reformat my phone and get it to the state as if I just bought it from the AT&T store. I want to delete EVERYTHING, including the OS, then install the latest OS available and import my contacts again.

As I said, many threads mention different options, and many of them are pretty dated so I don't know if they still apply.
    11-25-10 07:39 PM
    There's actually a pretty simple solution to this

1- download the os you want to install onto the phone

2- install it onto the computer (run the exe file)

3- run app loader and chose the downgrade options.

jd8180 likes this.
    11-25-10 07:41 PM
    Nozzles Brewin has the right approach, but the default build will upgrade your current software while maintaining all your applications and data.

In order to create an out of the box OS build, use the Options button on the final page of Applications Loader to de-select the install defaults.

There is also an on device technique to achieve the same conditions.

Options / Security Options / General Settings. Menu / Wipe Handheld.
    jd8180 likes this.
    11-26-10 09:55 AM
    So just to make sure I got it right, I already installed the OS to my PC, so now I would go ahead and wipe the device, then hook it up and de-select all the non-default applications and go ahead and reinstall the OS?

Pretty noobish with Blackberries (and smart phones in general), so I don't want to screw it up.

Thanks for the info to the both of you btw!
    11-26-10 11:59 AM
    I would go with the Security Wipe first. That will erase it back to Original condition and wipe all of the data. It does not re-install languages or files you may have removed to conserve memory. Most likely, this will be what you are looking for.

The other technique is to rebuild the software using a Windows computer. That will restore it "Out of the box" condition, including all the supported languages. A good choice if you intend to sell it or pass it on.
    11-26-10 01:07 PM