I'm very sorry we misdirected you. Vendor.xml has nothing to do with locking/unlocking the phone, either. It just tells the App Loader what brand OS is loaded on the phone. You have to delete it to install another vendor's otherwise perfectly compatible OS. No help at all with the CDMA and SIP options.
    Last edited by JeffH; 06-21-08 at 06:32 PM. Reason: clarity
    06-21-08 06:32 PM
    I'm very sorry we misdirected you. Vendor.xml has nothing to do with locking/unlocking the phone, either. It just tells the App Loader what brand OS is loaded on the phone. You have to delete it to install another vendor's otherwise perfectly compatible OS. No help at all with the CDMA and SIP options.
    Understood. Perhaps installing an O/S from another vendor that HAS the SIP user id option would do the trick. hard part would be finding which one.
    06-21-08 06:35 PM
    I did a forum search for SIP and found this: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/sip...ackberry-6300/
    06-21-08 06:37 PM
    I did a forum search for SIP and found this: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/sip...ackberry-6300/
    Yeah, I saw that. Not related to what I need. Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is a signaling protocol, some carriers use it for data. If you had your master lock code you'd see what I meant.

For the sake of doing so, see if your phone uses the default (most carriers change it). Go to your call screen, type ##000000 and hit return.
    06-21-08 06:45 PM
    Interesting. I found my SIP User ID, which is my (10-digit phone number)@vzw3g.com. And a bunch of other stuff, too. Since I'm on Verizon, probably none out it helps you, though. Thanks for educating me.
    06-21-08 07:00 PM
    Interesting. I found my SIP User ID, which is my (10-digit phone number)@vzw3g.com. And a bunch of other stuff, too. Since I'm on Verizon, probably none out it helps you, though. Thanks for educating me.
    See, now on my phone. I only have the MIP options, not both MIP and SIP. SIP is required for my new carrier. Wonder if it'd work if I installed the same software version you're using? (Keep in mind I am in Canada)
    06-21-08 07:13 PM
    I really don't think it would, since the OS version doesn't affect locking/unlocking. You can use any carrier's OS for the same model phone on any carrier's phone of that model. That's the purpose of deleting vendor.xml; to let you run a Bell 8830 OS on a Verizon 8830. Or vice versa.
    06-21-08 07:23 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD