Ok, so here is my dilema! I am a Blackberry Torch 9800 user. Rogers had a glitch with their system last week and we were all unable to use our phones for several hours... since this glitch with their system, I am not able to contact certain BBM contacts and I have figured it out to be with anyone that has a new phone, Q10, Z10 series, and Q5 series phone. Rogers says it is a BB issue and BB says it is a carrier issue. When I send the contact a message it is delayed with the time clock only to eventually turn to a RED "X" and not deliver at all. There is no way that 7 of my contacts have deleted me or have not payed their bills as these are close friends of mine. I have done a full system restore back to factory settings, which didn't repair this issue, have also updated everything that I can possibly update with no resolution. Is there ANYONE out there that can help me fix this issue as I just can't figure it out at all... HELP ME....
    10-14-13 06:29 PM
    Can they message you? Have you tried to delete them and add them back to your list?
    10-14-13 07:01 PM
    Have you and those contacts tried deleting and re-adding each other?
    Can any of them send you messages?
    10-14-13 07:02 PM
    Can they message you? Have you tried to delete them and add them back to your list?
    Have you and those contacts tried deleting and re-adding each other?
    Can any of them send you messages?
    hahahha same questions different order
    10-14-13 07:02 PM
    They can send me a message and I can receive it, but it only shows as delivered and never read on their end. I have tried deleting and re-adding the contacts and the other was as well, have them delete me and re-add... still nothing This big red X sucks...
    10-14-13 07:11 PM
    I've noticed with IOS users they have to have the app open and running if not I get the red X.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 07:47 PM
    I've noticed with IOS users they have to have the app open and running if not I get the red X.

Posted via CB10
    These are all blackberry users on my bbm list
    10-14-13 07:50 PM
    The red x is what happens when bbm is down. But it can happen for other reasons too
    10-14-13 08:17 PM
    The red x is what happens when bbm is down. But it can happen for other reasons too
    Yes, I understand that, but I can still contact the rest of my other contacts.
    10-14-13 08:34 PM
    Yes, I understand that, but I can still contact the rest of my other contacts.
    How are you restoring your contacts to BBM?

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    10-14-13 08:42 PM
    Readd should help. And it usually happen when the receiver got no bis active. Or the bbm account is no longer used in any device.

Posted via Non-iOS Non-Android Non-WP device
    10-14-13 08:46 PM
    That's what happened to me and my bud when the BBM for Android leaked out. Hmmm...
    What carrier are the other BB10 users on?
    If they are on Rogers as well I would dump the blame squarely on Rogers and not take no for an answer. The fact that it worked before and not after is all you need.
    If you need a Telus tester, PM me and I'll test with you.
    10-14-13 08:55 PM
    That's what happened to me and my bud when the BBM for Android leaked out. Hmmm...
    What carrier are the other BB10 users on?
    If they are on Rogers as well I would dump the blame squarely on Rogers and not take no for an answer. The fact that it worked before and not after is all you need.
    If you need a Telus tester, PM me and I'll test with you.
    They are all different carriers... a few telus, bell and virgin... I just want the issue resolved! Or Rogers WILL be upgrading me to a new phone at their cost!!! I will keep at them until something gets fixed! I thought maybe it was possibly the SIM, so i put it into a phone I unlocked and it works fine and I can contact all my bbm contacts!! Rogers doesn't have any answers for me and BB said it seems that its a carrier issue! I'm pissed that no one wants to address this and own up to it or fix it!
    10-14-13 09:08 PM
    They are all different carriers... a few telus, bell and virgin... I just want the issue resolved! Or Rogers WILL be upgrading me to a new phone at their cost!!! I will keep at them until something gets fixed! I thought maybe it was possibly the SIM, so i put it into a phone I unlocked and it works fine and I can contact all my bbm contacts!! Rogers doesn't have any answers for me and BB said it seems that its a carrier issue! I'm pissed that no one wants to address this and own up to it or fix it!
    So the other BB works? That's a different PIN, right?
    10-14-13 09:17 PM
    So the other BB works? That's a different PIN, right?
    Yes its a different pin
    10-14-13 10:43 PM
    Yes its a different pin
    Is that PIN/phone locked to Rogers?
    10-14-13 11:13 PM
    How are you restoring your contacts?

10-15-13 07:10 AM
    I'm restoring my contacts through BBID
    10-15-13 06:40 PM
    Channels is probably the killer here.
    And timing makes sense since I saw mention of BBMx coming in the next few days. For the short time that the cross platform BBM worked, people who had channels were experiencing the same issues

10-15-13 07:43 PM
    Red x indicates that the person your trying to contact is not connected to a mobile network also some people getting this when trying to contact people on android and ios this is due to there bbm account being deactivated by blackberry hope this helps

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 11:27 AM
    Out of curiosity are you on an official OS, if yes have you tried installing a leaked OS?

If that fixes the issue, I'd look right at Rogers because to me it would say there is something they duffed in the their bloated release of the OS.
    And they wouldn't take any blame when it comes to BlackBerry, look at the whole Z30 fiasco...

10-16-13 03:40 PM
    Riiiight I had the exact same issue a while ago and I posted on the forums but no one knew what was up. I ended up reinstalling BBM and it worked a charm.
    Thats the link to what happened to me, and it's pretty much the same, unable to message anyone on BB10 but they can message me. Hope it helps
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...10-bbm-839913/
    Rayanne440 likes this.
    10-16-13 03:54 PM
    I seem to have the issue fixed... not really sure what I did to fix it... flipped back and forth between 2 different blackberry's and since I have gone back to my 9800 it seems to be working again. It say's BBM updated! So I did a reboot and lost it again. Put my sim into the other BB and loaded it on that phone and it worked, took the sim and put it back into my 9800 and it is working there again! I think that the trick will be NOT to reboot it from here on out! Looking at new phones now... might wait for the Z30!
    10-17-13 03:52 PM
    Riiiight I had the exact same issue a while ago and I posted on the forums but no one knew what was up. I ended up reinstalling BBM and it worked a charm.
    Thats the link to what happened to me, and it's pretty much the same, unable to message anyone on BB10 but they can message me. Hope it helps
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...10-bbm-839913/
    Super frustrating! I did call my carrier, who had no clue how to fix it and calling Blackberry them selves was just a pain in the *** and they didn't know what to do about it, wanted me to send in the phone for them to check it, at my cost of course!!! I read your link!!! thanks for sharing!
    10-17-13 03:57 PM