ok, here's my issue.

i used to have a tour, and once n a while, when I'd receive an email, id try to forward it, but i couldn't. I would get a red X saying that it was undeliverable.

now i have a 9900, and wow, does it ever happen alot. Sometimes, if i don't open an email on my phone for a day, then open it to view the attachment, the red X pops up again, and i'm not able to view the attachment. Its beyond frustrating because i've been caught in a few situations that I was not near a computer and needed to forward and email.

I am on BIS, and I have re-sent my service books already. Again, this is a problem that doesn't happen with every email, just some.

hopefully someone can help
    01-19-12 07:41 PM
    Did it have an attachment that was too large to forward? This has happened to me also but only when I have had something to big to forward.
    01-19-12 07:58 PM
    nope. Whats funny is that sometimes when I get an email in, I can forward it right away, and it works, but then i try and send it to someone else the next day, and it doesn't work. This only happens with my work email account. Hotmail, gmail are all ok
    01-19-12 08:26 PM
    If the email was undeliverable for whatever reason, you'd get a notification. It has nothing to do with the actual email. The problem is either your network connection to your carrier or the ability for your carrier to connect to the BIS. I thought that the 9900 was supposed to have a better radio than previous models, but that is one possibility for the difference. The other could be your battery. I know that when my battery gets low (9650), the phone will have reduced ability to deal with data.

*Edit* Or it could be a sporadic problem with the mail server for whoever is providing your work email services.
    Last edited by louzer; 01-19-12 at 08:36 PM.
    01-19-12 08:34 PM
    ya im really not sure. I can't seem to find the answer that i'm looking for on the threads anywhere, and its starting to get frustrating as it only happens to my work emails.
    01-19-12 09:02 PM
    ok, here's what it says "Mailbox couldn't find original message, if forwarding or replying please resend the message"

I never moved the original message, so I don't know why this is happening.
    01-19-12 09:15 PM
    Subscribed.
    01-20-12 12:56 AM
    The only time I have experienced this was with mail stored on the phone from a redundant (inactive) e-mail account, if I re-read any of the mails after the account became inactive a big red X would appear next to them, just from re-reading them, not trying to do anything like forward. I'm guessing its because they no longer existed apart from on the phone. Do you have any options set on your work e-mail account such as 'delete upon reading' or anything similar? A tempraray solution would be to copy and paste anything you want to forward.
    01-20-12 04:15 AM
    Another source of this problem could be a "corrupted/malfunctioning" email app. Delete the app (under core applications) and reinstall. You'll have to set up the email accounts again but it definetely solves the problem.
    01-20-12 10:23 AM
    I found that I am getting this only after installing the new os7.1.0.205 on my bb torch 9810 and even then the only way to make it happen is by using the new swipe between messages feature. The only new that come up with a red x are the ones I swipe away from. Allsop for the record I'm using a Gmail account.

Is anyone with this issue also on the 7.1 leak? Or using a Gmail account? I'm wondering if it might be something to do with gmails labels? Or an issue with the 7.1 builds.
    Last edited by CanadianThomas; 01-20-12 at 04:54 PM.
    01-20-12 10:48 AM
    The only time I have experienced this was with mail stored on the phone from a redundant (inactive) e-mail account, if I re-read any of the mails after the account became inactive a big red X would appear next to them, just from re-reading them, not trying to do anything like forward. I'm guessing its because they no longer existed apart from on the phone. Do you have any options set on your work e-mail account such as 'delete upon reading' or anything similar? A tempraray solution would be to copy and paste anything you want to forward.
    Thanks for this. I have experienced this when going back to reread emails in my saved messages. It makes sense that I probably deleted the messages on the email account (yahoo, for instance), BIS can't retrieve them from the server, and I'm reading the saved copy on my BlackBerry.
    01-20-12 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD