My niece has a curve, and it has a red infinity sign, like the voicemail sign, but not the same thing - with a number that keeps going up (it's up to 28 now) and we can't figure out what it is. It's not the voice mail, because she has that too, right next to it when she has voicemail. I've looked in the messages, and she has nothing pending.

ETA: She has Verizon
    Last edited by raininberkeley; 10-25-10 at 06:50 PM. Reason: new piece of information
    10-25-10 06:32 PM
    Post a screen shot.
    10-25-10 07:04 PM
    Can't post a screen shot as she isn't here at the moment. But it's just like the icon for the voicemail, only it's red and it's an infinity sign.
    10-25-10 07:07 PM
    You have 28 messages from God! Lol!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-10 07:48 PM
    Can't post a screen shot as she isn't here at the moment. But it's just like the icon for the voicemail, only it's red and it's an infinity sign.
    It's obviously a notification from some application that she has on the device. But we can't help without seeing it.

So, ask her what applications she has installed. And/or ask her to do a screenshot and send it to you and post it.
    10-26-10 07:26 AM
    You have 28 messages from God! Lol!

Haha!! The problem is, I don't know what God is saying since I can't pick the messages up!!
    10-26-10 05:14 PM
    10-26-10 05:37 PM
    Which Curve does she have?

10-26-10 06:01 PM
    It's some kind of third party (maybe social) app. It's not anything I've ever heard of. You should post a screenshot.

10-26-10 06:56 PM
    I bet it is a notification on an app she has that has an update. I received a notification to upgrade a couple of apps I have. The icon was on the app.
    If that isn't the case then have her take it to her carrier for a tech person to look at it.
    10-26-10 07:25 PM
    It has the number 28 next to it. Not an app update.

10-26-10 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD