Does any one know what it means when an email or PIN message turns red? I got one the other day and it turned red but I have no idea what it means.
    05-10-11 09:45 AM
    Usually PIN messages themselves are red, that just indicates that it's a BB to BB PIN message. I have not seen a red email, but as far as I know all PIN messages are red.
    05-10-11 09:49 AM
    OK, that makes sense. Has anyone ever got one from Blackberry saying they won a contest at and their PIN was picked at random?
    05-10-11 09:53 AM
    OK, that makes sense. Has anyone ever got one from Blackberry saying they won a contest at and their PIN was picked at random?
    No, and neither have you. It's a scam.
    05-10-11 09:56 AM
    What do they say you have won and what info are they requesting from you? It SOUNDS suspicious.
    05-10-11 09:57 AM
    It says that I won 90,000.00 (scam was the first thing that came to mind) and it wanted:

Full Name
    Country
    Occupation
    Age/Gender
    Phone number
    email address

I did not reply because it seemed like a scam, but I had no idea why it was red so I figured I would ask. The "90,000.00 from interest generated from advertising and copyrights from the Blackberry network " seemed suspicious as well. They gave me a coordinator with an email address as well- cusak_frank@yahoo.com. That was even suspicious.
    05-10-11 10:05 AM
    It says that I won 90,000.00 (scam was the first thing that came to mind) and it wanted:

Full Name
    Country
    Occupation
    Age/Gender
    Phone number
    email address

I did not reply because it seemed like a scam, but I had no idea why it was red so I figured I would ask. The "90,000.00 from interest generated from advertising and copyrights from the Blackberry network " seemed suspicious as well. They gave me a coordinator with an email address as well- cusak_frank@yahoo.com. That was even suspicious.
    The scammer probably got your PIN since you have it listed.
    05-10-11 10:08 AM
    The scammer probably got your PIN since you have it listed.
    That's what I was thinking.
    05-10-11 10:09 AM
    Scam for SURE! If you won something from RIM it would be a BB, or a PB or an accessory, it would NOT be money.
    05-10-11 10:43 AM
    If this was a contest from RIM, why would they give you a Yahoo e-mail address to reply to? That in itself is a red flag.
    05-10-11 11:41 AM
  11. T
    Emails will be red if you set up a Level 1 filter (using BIS) and have them forwarded to your device as such

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-11 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD