Must explain the high return rate of Privs when it launched, and why it sold so poorly after that
    The AT&T models were definitely cursed with the droopy hollow backs. Tons of returned units and unsold stock littering Amazon and eBay in 2016.
    05-07-18 08:21 AM
    When the phone arrives from the manufacturer or carrier, it should be optimized. That was the problem I always had with the PRIV. If the phone settings used by some on here that allow for proper battery life and less heating were intended, the PRIV should have left the factory that way. How the phone made it through proper testing amazed me.
    bettyjo214 likes this.
    05-07-18 08:23 AM
    When the phone arrives from the manufacturer or carrier, it should be optimized. That was the problem I always had with the PRIV. If the phone settings used by some on here that allow for proper battery life and less heating were intended, the PRIV should have left the factory that way. How the phone made it through proper testing amazed me.
    How the phone made it with the 808 amazes me more than anything. How could BB ltd be such fools to greenlight this failure of a chipset to power their supposed Android comeback??
    If they had gone with a 600 series, sure they may have had been bashed by tech reviewers for being in premium price range with mid range chip, but at least it would have had very solid battery life, making customers much happier with it.

Complaining about chipset in regards to price is less of an issue than furious customers who paid $700 + and have a device constantly heating and needing to be plugged in.
    bettyjo214 likes this.
    05-07-18 08:32 AM
    While the Priv is slow, it remains usable in 2018 and can get through a full day if the user takes the time to optimize it right, and doesn't do gaming or anything heavy on the CPU/GPU.
    i.e. why bother.
    05-07-18 09:05 AM
    How the phone made it with the 808 amazes me more than anything. How could BB ltd be such fools to greenlight this failure of a chipset to power their supposed Android comeback??
    If they had gone with a 600 series, sure they may have had been bashed by tech reviewers for being in premium price range with mid range chip, but at least it would have had very solid battery life, making customers much happier with it.

Complaining about chipset in regards to price is less of an issue than furious customers who paid $700 + and have a device constantly heating and needing to be plugged in.
    They probably didn't have the budget for the reworked SD810 which took care of the battery drain issues & was used in Xperia and by other Android OEMs. However a BlackBerry is a BlackBerry only if it isn't thought out completely well & leaving users pulling at their hair
    the_boon likes this.
    05-07-18 09:35 AM
    I am not interested in gaming or social media, so the Motion or KeyOne would serve my needs.
    Then the Passport is the best. Why trade down to android unless truly necessary? Don't let anyone bully you.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-18 04:25 PM
    Then the Passport is the best. Why trade down to android unless truly necessary? Don't let anyone bully you.

Posted via CB10
    So I actually scrolled entire thread, making sure I hadn't bullied anyone unintentionally. Imagine my surprise when I read the OP where it's clearly listed by OP questions strictly concerning BBAndroid hardware.

Please everyone, remember the point here is to have your opinion but don't let your bias to any OS cause you to ignore the OP. Many come here for help and don't understand the bias or the exchanges between members that follow.

Spirited discussions are encouraged. Bullying is not encouraged anymore than falsely accusing others. If you're concerned about bullying comments, USE the REPORT button and let the mods handle the problem.
    05-08-18 05:22 PM
    However a BlackBerry is a BlackBerry only if it isn't thought out completely well & leaving users pulling at their hair
    I think you have it backwards. At least for those devices conceived before Chen.
    05-10-18 02:01 AM
    So I actually scrolled entire thread, making sure I hadn't bullied anyone unintentionally. Imagine my surprise when I read the OP where it's clearly listed by OP questions strictly concerning BBAndroid hardware.

Please everyone, remember the point here is to have your opinion but don't let your bias to any OS cause you to ignore the OP. Many come here for help and don't understand the bias or the exchanges between members that follow.

Spirited discussions are encouraged. Bullying is not encouraged anymore than falsely accusing others. If you're concerned about bullying comments, USE the REPORT button and let the mods handle the problem.
    I didn't accuse you of bullying but I also wasn't limiting my warning to this thread.
    05-10-18 02:03 AM
    I think you have it backwards. At least for those devices conceived before Chen.
    Umm not. Pre Chen BB's have not been iPhone perfect for your kind information. Not hardware not software wise. Battery pulls, wall throws, track ball dirt magnets.... Ring a bell?
    05-10-18 07:35 AM
    Keyone, motion or Key2.

Why spend money on a device that has zero support?

Since you are coming from a Q5, I would say look for something in Key series of BB's

Posted via my Awesome Passport SE SQW100-4/10.3.3.2163 pin:2C33423A
    05-10-18 08:02 AM
    I didn't accuse you of bullying but I also wasn't limiting my warning to this thread.
    I didn't say you accused me of me of anything. I have to go back and review my posts to make sure I haven't been misunderstood or misinterpreted. Don't understand what you mean by warning though?
    05-10-18 09:51 AM
    The DTEK50 is a surprisingly nice phone.

Why don't you pick one up cheap, play with it for a few weeks and decide if you really need to step up to the K1 or Motion. The OS experience will be the same.

Phones these days are like shoes, easily replaceable. You might be surprised.

Send from my Blackberry Passport somewhere in space.
    05-11-18 10:10 PM
    Super satisfying!

Too many "ifs" to be considered a daily driver for your average user. Only us freaks at CB would tolerate this level of tinkering!
    Funny,

Adopting your rationale I come to a completely opposite conclusion.

The 'average' user (whoever that is... won't notice, or even know, the difference using the SD808 vs and 820, 8xx. They won't know the battery should last longer or its a bit slow compared to an S7 ect..All they will notice is the great screen, the funky cool KB, and simple charge it every night.

Like you said. It's only us CB kooks that put up with, or demonize particular phones. All of the above points for and mostly against getting a PRIV now (I too almost bought one last: week) are valid. I simply think most of us overestimate our needs and underestimate our adaptability and the fun of a new experience.

Cheers!

Send from my Blackberry Passport somewhere in space.
    05-11-18 10:18 PM
39 12