I'm looking at getting a gps for the car.
    Is there anything as good for the Blackberry? I have a bold 9000 on ATT

I assume I'd need a data plan for that?

I'm just learning to leverage my blackberry, so I'm pretty new to this.
    03-11-10 11:40 AM
    I'm with Vodafone and we got a free sat nav that worked very well but doesn't like v.5 very much. I've downloaded Telmap5 which is a freebie ans seems ok but haven't used it in anger
    03-11-10 11:49 AM
    Google Maps.
    03-11-10 12:56 PM
    just got amAze free
    03-11-10 04:48 PM
    I'm looking at getting a gps for the car.
    Is there anything as good for the Blackberry? I have a bold 9000 on ATT

I assume I'd need a data plan for that?

I'm just learning to leverage my blackberry, so I'm pretty new to this.
    Google Maps or BB maps are good. For spoken turn by turn I would say TELMAP 5 but their version 5 sucks ballz. I'll leave it up to you.................

http://global.telmap.com/tugpcbeta/
    03-12-10 08:01 PM
    if you're looking for 3D maps, points of interest, traffic reports, and most importantly voice guided turn-by-turn directions then check out Garmin Mobile for BlackBerry

point your BlackBerry Browser to http://getmobile.garmin.com/trial

you can download the 7-day trial which requires no up front credit card information.

unlike GPS devices you buy in stores, this program has no monthly or annual fees.

i picked it up for a one-time purchase price of $79.99. i just checked the site out now and the price for a GPS-enabled BlackBerry is $99.99 USD and $149.99 for a non GPS-enabled device.

check it out on your desktop at Garmin | Garmin Mobile for BlackBerry - Turn your BlackBerry into a savvy navigator with Garmin Mobile
    Last edited by Lord_Tubington; 03-14-10 at 02:09 PM.
    03-14-10 02:06 PM
    if you're looking for 3D maps, points of interest, traffic reports, and most importantly voice guided turn-by-turn directions then check out Garmin Mobile for BlackBerry

point your BlackBerry Browser to http://getmobile.garmin.com/trial

you can download the 7-day trial which requires no up front credit card information.

unlike GPS devices you buy in stores, this program has no monthly or annual fees.

i picked it up for a one-time purchase price of $79.99. i just checked the site out now and the price for a GPS-enabled BlackBerry is $99.99 USD and $149.99 for a non GPS-enabled device.

check it out on your desktop at Garmin | Garmin Mobile for BlackBerry - Turn your BlackBerry into a savvy navigator with Garmin Mobile
    Looks cool, but for 100 bones you can buy a GPS for that.

Google Maps really is not good for driving. There has to be a cheaper alternative than this.
    03-17-10 12:32 AM
    i didnt like google maps or blackberry maps tried using both today. google wasnt guiding me at all just giving me written directions on the screen even if i was using the map it still wouldnt guide so im looking for something as well. i'll try amaze or telmap
    03-17-10 12:46 AM
    The garmin product, at one time and maybe still, could be purchased through Blackberry Lounge for about $80. The Lounge is an official BB site.

In the ol' days, maybe just a map could be adequate but vocal turn-by-turn is really the way to go. I think paper maps and directions can still work better than a small screen which might go dark after a timeout period.

If truth be told, I still prefer my standalone Tomtom over the BB with Garmin. Larger screen, more useful options, faster recalc, maps on board. Detriments: second device, older (possibly) maps and more costly.
    Last edited by F2; 03-17-10 at 10:43 AM.
    03-17-10 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD